• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Instructions for New Set & Slot Requests Form
2 2

34 posts in this topic

• Administrator

@ADAMANTIUM For these kinds of situations, I'll drop you a PM to get more specifics if there's any confusion. The reason for this is that some questions may get into details about your collecting plans, which many on the Registry like to keep private. 

Hello,

I re-read the new guidelines to double-check, and I think I understand correctly, but I'm surprised the set doesn't exist. I know some sets have been moved to legacy, but it says they will be broken out into their own sets however there isn't a Star Wars (1977) set that is only the main issues. The other breakouts are there but not a set that is only 1-107 (and the 3 annuals?) first/original prints. I can make the set request, but I wanted to make sure I'm not misunderstanding how things work now.

• Administrator

@ComBD The clean up will be taking place over a long period of time in phases. The first phase, which is still underway, is removing and reorganizing foreign books into new sets, marking sets Legacy where it applies, and tagging sets with the appropriate tags so that they show up correctly in the data. There are volumes being broken out of Legacy sets, but not all US volumes will happen in this phase of the clean up.

People can of course request that a volume be broken out from a Legacy set and I will absolutely build it. 

I looked into the Star Wars 1977 set you referenced and was also surprised to see that an Any Variant version did not already exist, but it appears it doesn't unless I'm missing it entirely. I went ahead and stood one up for you just in case and it should be visible now.

Found my first bug. I am not able to request a new set where the comic certificate number starts with a 0 ie. 0959306001. Error message is "Value must be greater than or equal to 1000000000"

Also, I am not seeing the newly created sets in the dropdown menu but I imagine it might take a day or two to refresh. Loving it so far!

Edited by Crushalot

• Administrator
On 2/20/2024 at 10:02 PM, Crushalot said:

Found my first bug. I am not able to request a new set where the comic certificate number starts with a 0 ie. 0959306001. Error message is "Value must be greater than or equal to 1000000000"

Also, I am not seeing the newly created sets in the dropdown menu but I imagine it might take a day or two to refresh. Loving it so far!

Thank you so much for reporting this. I was able to recreate it and send it to the developers to look into. In the meantime, replace the zero with a different number and put the actual cert in the Notes field. Highlighting this for emphasis so others can see the workaround. 

• Administrator
On 2/20/2024 at 10:02 PM, Crushalot said:

I have also updated the dropdown menu this morning. I worked late last night to get through the requests as a priority but got the menu updated first thing just now.

• Administrator
On 2/21/2024 at 8:33 AM, Lookin4Newsstands said:

Hi-

was just trying this out, and I don’t see a place to add a name to a New Set…

The screenshot on the instructions page showed a spot for that, but here’s screenshot when I go to the actual page:

IMG_9225.jpeg

I'll name the sets as they're built and based on the details of the set type, but please include what you're looking for in the Notes field. 

hi @jstam!

What would be the best way to create a character set that spans a number of different titles? My example would be Doctor Fate: I would want to include the Immortal Doctor Fate 1986 mini, 1987 mini and 1989 series. Should I request sets for each title or can I request a set for a character and add additional series to it over time? What would be easiest for you? Thanks!

• Administrator
On 2/23/2024 at 12:04 PM, Crushalot said:

hi @jstam!

What would be the best way to create a character set that spans a number of different titles? My example would be Doctor Fate: I would want to include the Immortal Doctor Fate 1986 mini, 1987 mini and 1989 series. Should I request sets for each title or can I request a set for a character and add additional series to it over time? What would be easiest for you? Thanks!

Limited series sets can be combined. Ongoing series cannot be combined with Limited or other Ongoing series.

You can combine Limited and Ongoing titles in a Custom set though.

So using your example, I can build a combined Limited Series set (as long as the book counts are not too high, otherwise they'll stand on their own individually) and I can build the individual volumes of ongoing series.