• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Instructions for New Set & Slot Requests Form
2 2

34 posts in this topic

• Administrator

So that everyone can get familiar with the new form for submitting New Set & Slot Requests, please click "Next Page" to move through this instructional post that includes step-by-step screenshots. Please click on individual screenshots for larger views. 

image.png

This will be the landing page for the New Set & Slot Requests form. Click the button that reads "Add new request" to begin. 

image.png

The form defaults to "New Set" in the typeahead menu field; leave this in place if you're requesting a new set.

Clicking into the field will produce the dropdown menu of sets on the Registry. Typing any letter will bring you to the list of set titles beginning with that letter. You can either scroll through or continue typing the name and the menu will navigate to it if it exists. This typeahead menu is updated manually. The aim is to update it at the end of every day so that it reflects new set additions.

image.png

As stated in the update to the Set Guidelines, sets marked "LEGACY" are no longer being updated. Please navigate to the individual volume of the title you wish to request a slot for. If the individual volume does not exist, please request a New Set to be built for it. 

image.png

When requesting a new set, please indicate whether you'd like the set to be built as All Variants (one variant per slot) or as Any Variant (any variant of an issue in a single slot) in the "New Slot Request" field. 

image.png

When requesting a slot to be added to an existing set with variants, please follow the label on your book and provide those variant details in the New Slot Request field.

image.png

If you have a foreign book for an existing title on the Registry, but the foreign edition of that set is not present, please request that it be built. Foreign books go into their own sets now and will not be added to existing US sets.

image.png

Please use the "Notes" field at the bottom of the form to provide further details (i.e., Specialized storyline set, Newsstand Only, multiple slots for same set, Canadian Price Variant, etc.)

image.png

Progress of the requests can be tracked within your Chat Boards profile by clicking the "See My Activity" tab. Once you click "See My Activity", scroll down and left to the "Requests" link under the CGC Comics Registry New Set & Slot Requests header. 

image.png

image.png

After clicking the "Requests" link, you can view your list of requests. 

image.png

You can sort this list by clicking on the "Sort By" function on the top right. 

image.png

Clicking into an individual request will show the details of its progress. 

image.png

image.png

Requests will be deleted about a week or so after they are processed. Be sure you're keeping track of them under the Requests link on your Chat Boards profile, as once they are deleted from the Administrative queue they will also be deleted from your Requests queue.

• Administrator

Additionally, if you're new to the Registry or returning after a long absence, please familiarize yourself with the updates to the Set Guidelines before making requests. 

• Administrator

@workingdog Best thing to do is check the set first, and I'm sure you and most others are doing that anyway. The short answer to this is that you won't be able to see others requests, but the way I'm trying to get the back end on this organized is to be able to group requests together for the same sets. Fortunately for yourselves the new form makes the process of submitting requests very quick, so if it is a duplicate it's not much time lost.

Eventually, when time allows and when we have more help, one request would lead to them all...sort of like the one ring! LOL! In other words, eventually when someone makes a single request and I can see there are additional slots missing in the set, I'd like to get them all added at once rather than piecemeal. I try to work this way as much as possible when I can, but it does slow things down.

Adding missing slots to existing sets will actually be phase two of the large, overall cleanup. Phase one (underway) is bringing sets up to compliance with the guidelines, making sure everything is tagged with the appropriate era (Gold, Silver, etc.) and adding or adjusting existing tags so that sets show up under the correct popular search links. And of course building new sets for foreign books and anything else parsed out.

On 2/14/2024 at 11:40 AM, jstam said:

@workingdog Best thing to do is check the set first, and I'm sure you and most others are doing that anyway. The short answer to this is that you won't be able to see others requests, but the way I'm trying to get the back end on this organized is to be able to group requests together for the same sets. Fortunately for yourselves the new form makes the process of submitting requests very quick, so if it is a duplicate it's not much time lost.

Eventually, when time allows and when we have more help, one request would lead to them all...sort of like the one ring! LOL! In other words, eventually when someone makes a single request and I can see there are additional slots missing in the set, I'd like to get them all added at once rather than piecemeal. I try to work this way as much as possible when I can, but it does slow things down.

Adding missing slots to existing sets will actually be phase two of the large, overall cleanup. Phase one (underway) is bringing sets up to compliance with the guidelines, making sure everything is tagged with the appropriate era (Gold, Silver, etc.) and adding or adjusting existing tags so that sets show up under the correct popular search links. And of course building new sets for foreign books and anything else parsed out.

Understood.  Thank you for the quick reply! 

On 2/14/2024 at 7:09 AM, jstam said:

Please use the "Notes" field at the bottom of the form to provide further details (i.e., Specialized storyline set, Newsstand Only, multiple slots for same set, Canadian Price Variant, etc.)

I'm confused.  Although the example I'm quoting you on does not contain a title field, it appears to indicate that a Canadian Price Variant is allowable in a regular set?  I thought the decision was to only allow those kind of books in "Foreign" editions.  (shrug)

• Administrator

@Yorick  All Foreign books go into their own sets. That was just an example of information that someone might want to include in the Notes field about their book for added clarity. 

On 2/14/2024 at 4:01 PM, jstam said:

All Foreign books go into their own sets. That was just an example of information that someone might want to include in the Notes field about their book for added clarity. 

Just to quote you for a notification, the 1st post in thread explains the process, but is not live on our end yet? but soon will be? Or I didn't see it on my end under "my activity" lol 

I didn't even realize that 1st post was clickable for explanation, I guess it said that it was but loldoh! it took me a minute. ha-ha

I see under "my activity" that is where we can "track" our requests, but is it also where we go to make the requests once it is live?

• Administrator

@ADAMANTIUM There will be a link to the New Set & Slot Requests submission form that lives on the Chat Boards for ease/convenience. You can access this same link through the profile link to submit, but the path is a little convoluted.

From your profile link, you click an individual request.

image.png

That returns you to the same request where it lives on the Requests form.

image.png

From there, a link (that isn't entirely obvious) lives above the individual request, and clicking it will take you back to the Requests submission page.  

Technically you'll be able to track your requests on the submission page as well. They'll appear as this screenshot shows. I think it'll just be a matter of preference as far as where people like to keep track of/view their requests.

image.png

I've been testing again today and things are looking good. I'm waiting to hear back from our developers about a couple of things. It's been a bit like playing wack-a-mole getting it ready, but we're very close to being able to launch it. 

image.png

• Administrator

All - I'm happy to report that we will be making the form live on Monday, February 19th. 

We've also managed to get notifications set on the form and it will work the same way it did in the Chat Boards thread. Once requests are processed, I'll not only be marking them as Done, but I'll also be able to like each request and that will hit your notifications feed. 

On 2/19/2024 at 2:54 PM, jstam said:

The link is now live to submit! 

image.png.b9fba3a95d3184ef41c4e28e516bba01.png

I clicked on it, it just says "nothing to see here", so where do we click to start going through the process?

On 2/19/2024 at 2:57 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

image.png.b9fba3a95d3184ef41c4e28e516bba01.png

I clicked on it, it just says "nothing to see here", so where do we click to start going through the process?

image.thumb.png.b93a5fd6fec53447f5aa40ed0a3ceed1.png

I'm sure it'll happen, might just take a minute lol 

• Administrator

@ADAMANTIUM The reason it says that is because you haven't submitted a request yet! :) You'll need to visit the link on the Chat Boards under the New Set & Slot Request thread to submit your first request. After that, you'll be able to track them, but again, from that view the path is not entirely direct. 

On 2/19/2024 at 3:27 PM, Lookin4Newsstands said:

Already in a set- look for Marvel Copper Age 1st issues- 😄

Is it? I had no idea.

Where is the needle in the haystack? Or a thread to clue us in on where random books can be found, as that is not obvious 😭

Or is it? Idk