• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Cast Announced - Did They Get It Right? And Now (4/4)... Shalla-Bal?
2 2

83 posts in this topic

My initial reaction is "no." That being said, it all depends on the story/writing. I have no doubt these actors can give great performances.

Please, writer/director of this film...read the damn Byrne run. Please. Fantastic Four #232 to #264 (before She-Hulk).

Then read the Hickman run. Please.

I'll reserve judgement on Pascal - he was great in Mando & TLoU, but seems maybe slightly miscast here.

Vanessa Kirby on the other hand I think is a great choice - have to see how that pans out.

The other two seem... middle of the road ok? Joseph Quinn had a lot of energy with Eddie in Stranger Things, so maybe that's a good fit...? Given the overall meh-ness of the last crop of MCU movies, my expectations are pretty low. 

On 2/14/2024 at 3:04 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

My initial reaction is "no." That being said, it all depends on the story/writing. I have no doubt these actors can give great performances.

Please, writer/director of this film...read the damn Byrne run. Please. Fantastic Four #232 to #264 (before She-Hulk).

Then read the Hickman run. Please.

Byrne "got" the FF. Claremont was competent as well. MCU is scared to death to stick with continuity, it HAS to be different. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I do believe that Pascal is too old - he will be 50 when this hits the theaters.  IMHO in FF #1 Reed and Ben are about the same age and should be in their early 30s, Sue I would say is in her early/mid 20s and Johnny's a teenager (16 or 17). He goes to college in FF #50, which is about 2 years after the Life magazine shown in the Valentine's Day picture.

Kirby is older than FF #1 Sue but could be great - obviously we're not getting the early Sue Storm who was kind of a wallflower, certainly the least powerful of the four.  Kirby's an -kicker, so a much later Sue Richards.

The cast just seems underwelming-but it's actually a career gamble for most actors after the last 5 years of Marvel dreck.
And Byrne?? Dear God in Heaven -if they don't go full throttle Kirby in design-inspiration and spirit they should be horse whipped!

And most of all please  study the source material and don't give us  immasculated cuck males and  a boss babe Sue dominating the story line......
Just turned 60-still waiting for a great FF movie-oh how it tasks me....

On 2/14/2024 at 5:46 PM, conservativeone said:

The cast just seems underwelming-but it's actually a career gamble for most actors after the last 5 years of Marvel dreck.
And Byrne?? Dear God in Heaven -if they don't go full throttle Kirby in design-inspiration and spirit they should be horse whipped!

Byrne FF > Kirby FF

Yep, I said it. Fight me.