• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trouble figuring out a good price for a Black Knight #1 extremely scarce Horwitz Edition. Exactly like the Atlas version
2 2

11 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

I came across this edition of the Black Knight #1 Australian variant.  I actually found it in Australia.  It stirred my interest because of its scarceness and its a direct Atlas variant. 

I only saw 1 on the CGC census.  Has anyone ever seen this before and what would a realistic value be for this copy?  I was able to find the UK version selling for decent amounts from 2k-5k in some previous ebay auctions.  

Its just so difficult to find I dont know where to start.

Any help would be great

Black Knight 1 Australian edition.jpg

Edited by DrPauly

I was hoping it would get a boost from being so scarce.  :wishluck:

Saw a similar UK (not AUS) variant at a 4.5 go for significantly more.  closer to 5-7k prices. That was a while back though during the high point of the market.  Didnt know if that would have an effect on a rare book like this.

Edited by DrPauly

Thanks for the info everyone.  One day I will put this up for auction.  Next 1-2 years and see what happens.  Hopefully it turns out to be a good buy.  I really cant lose on this one at the price I got it for.

On 2/15/2024 at 11:54 AM, waaaghboss said:

If 75%, around 1500 might be a fair price.  Mcs has a raw vg- copy at 2k.  Price on this book has fallen quite a bit.

I was thinking the same. Cool book but cooling. If the intent is to sell I'd be selling this yesterday.