• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Amazing Spider Man #238
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Hello all,

various issues here..spine tics, soft corners, color breaking dog ear TRFC, as well as something stuck to hobgoblins head very noticible in pic 2.

biggest glaring issue is the tape on top staple. Top staple is attached, however it is loosely connected to the “tattooz” insert as I heard through the grapevine CGC will recognize this and green label as if it was added after. 

any thoughts or comments are appreciated. Thanks to all in advance!

IMG_9497.jpeg

IMG_9498.jpeg

IMG_9500.jpeg

IMG_9501.jpeg

IMG_9502.jpeg

IMG_9503.jpeg

IMG_9504.jpeg

IMG_9505.jpeg

IMG_9506.jpeg

IMG_9508.jpeg

IMG_9509.jpeg

IMG_9510.jpeg

IMG_9511.jpeg

IMG_9514.jpeg

On 2/15/2024 at 9:23 PM, scburdet said:

Tearing is kinda gnarly. 4.0/4.5

Thanks. In your experience and with your knowledge is there anyway to tell for certain this would get a green label or do you see it getting a universal? 

No basis for a Qualified label on this one. Those are reserved for unverified signatures, damage that is not obvious that doesn't impact the story (cut coupon, MVS, removed Tattooz, etc.), something unusual like a significant production defect (I have one "manufactured without staples") or a book is mostly perfect but has a significant defect that would warrant a lower grade (you rarely see staple detachments with green labels b/c somehow they detached without causing any real damage). The staple detachment here is not like that last case. As long as the tattooz is in the packet, Universal label. If the tattoo is missing, then it probably would get a green 4.0/4.5 to just denote that it was missing. 

On 2/15/2024 at 10:32 PM, scburdet said:

As long as the tattooz is in the packet, Universal label. If the tattoo is missing, then it probably would get a green 4.0/4.5 to just denote that it was missing. 

I trust your knowledge and appreciate your time to explain it to me