• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

blocked from comiclink
1 1

7 posts in this topic

That is interesting.  I tried to sign in recently and had the same message.  I didn't know what had caused this, but what you stated makes sense.  I had recently purchased a new phone, but for a few days I had both phones working while transferring everything over . During that time I had several tabs on each and it may have been just that. Having Clink open on two separate devices which had different IP may have caused the lock out. 

On 2/17/2024 at 4:07 PM, Jimmy Linguini said:

Might want to edit this without your IP address being visible in the attached image.

Hi, and thanks. At most you will find out who my ISP is and that I am located in Portugal.

Other than that I dont see much of a security risk. Or am I wrong ?

On 2/17/2024 at 10:10 AM, Gotham Kid said:

Hi, and thanks. At most you will find out who my ISP is and that I am located in Portugal.

For most people that is all the further it goes, however the criminally minded have used them for many nefarious purposes. 

If someone gets their hands on your IP (Internet Protocol) address, they can potentially track your moves online, send targeted ads, issue bans in games and websites, launch DDoS (Distributed Denial-of-Service) attacks, and even commit cybercrimes on your behalf.

Which is why so many use VPN services to try to hide their IP.

On 2/17/2024 at 11:10 AM, Gotham Kid said:

(shrug)

Edited by Jimmy Linguini