• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

McFarlane Contest entry pages
1 1

17 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, i don't often post here but I wanted to share that my pages for the McFarlane Contest are up for auction on my website ending in 7 hours. 

I had quite a few people ask about getting these pages, so I figured this was the easiest way. 

https://www.monkillustration.com/product-category/original-art/

Thanks in advance!

gunslinger-art.jpg

gunslinger-tomb.jpg

haunt-original.jpg

king.jpg

medieval.jpg

platt.jpg

skulls-2.jpg

spawn-shadows-original.jpg

spawn-vio-original.jpg

split-original.jpg

the-curse-original.jpg

Superb work! Violator chest-burster is a wonderfully hideous masterpiece - makes Tim Vigil look like Carl Barks. Love the moodiness of both Gunslinger Spawn covers. They are all amazing, but man - that Violator ripping-out-of-the-chest is incredibly unique and easily cover worthy.

On 2/17/2024 at 11:11 AM, Dr. Balls said:

Superb work! Violator chest-burster is a wonderfully hideous masterpiece - makes Tim Vigil look like Carl Barks. Love the moodiness of both Gunslinger Spawn covers. They are all amazing, but man - that Violator ripping-out-of-the-chest is incredibly unique and easily cover worthy.

Thanks man much appreciated! I tried to make it as fun as I could. :D

Open for bidding on my site if you're into it ;)

On 2/17/2024 at 9:14 AM, mediaslave said:

Thanks man much appreciated! I tried to make it as fun as I could. :D

Open for bidding on my site if you're into it ;)

:headbang: Bid placed!

Your artwork is amazing!  Todd would be lucky to have you draw on Spawn someday.  Your style is so aligned haha. I really hope someone picks you up for a book!  I placed a bid too.

On 2/22/2024 at 4:56 PM, Matches_Malone said:

The Violator - Split piece is insanely good. Outstanding work! Can't wait to see what's next.

I won the bidding for that at $250 and just realized I had not heard from the artist after the closing of the auction, I checked his page, it's now unavailable at $475. lol 

Oh well, best of luck to the guy in the Spawn contest. (shrug)

My high bid:

ScreenShot2024-03-01at7_06_53PM.thumb.png.528f98bf83c121fcf88d04540fb0dcaf.png

The auction results from Google Cache two days after the auction close:

ScreenShot2024-03-01at7_09_55PM.thumb.png.384e56c3becaff1a9004be5de4d2a4ce.png

Edited by Dr. Balls
Added screen caps

On 3/1/2024 at 8:58 PM, Dr. Balls said:

I won the bidding for that at $250 and just realized I had not heard from the artist after the closing of the auction, I checked his page, it's now unavailable at $475. lol 

My high bid:

Im curious, Did you pay for the piece?

On 3/1/2024 at 9:22 PM, Matches_Malone said:

Im curious, Did you pay for the piece?

Nope. Never got any communication from the guy after the closing of the auction. I was reminded when I saw this thread again last night and decided to check - looks like he bumped the price to $475 and sold it?

If the OP comes back, there's no hard feelings - glad he sold it and made some money. It's a good piece. I had checked when the auction closed, and I was the high bid (only bid), so I do know that I had won - but if I don't get a notification in my inbox, a day or two later when I sit down to go through my messages, I'm likely going to space it out.

On 3/18/2024 at 3:49 PM, Matches_Malone said:

So, one of the winners of Todd McFarlane's Spawnuary cover contest used an AI-generated image. ???

Winners links

Did McFarlane ever reply or put out a statement? Not only did he choose an AI winner, that was not supposed to be allowed, but the AI winner is a complete Jag representing himself and the brand he's supposedly representing in the worst way possible

On 3/1/2024 at 5:58 PM, Dr. Balls said:

My high bid:

Lol yeah I placed a bid on one of the pieces he had on auction and was cancelled 10 minutes before it was going to end.  I was the high bidder at $50.  I checked the next day and he relisted it for around $475.  No communication aside from the bid cancellation email.  Just like you I have no hard feelings.  A word of advice to OP, if your site doesn't generate any traffic, don't host an auction on there.

On 3/18/2024 at 6:07 PM, comix4fun said:

Did McFarlane ever reply or put out a statement? Not only did he choose an AI winner, that was not supposed to be allowed, but the AI winner is a complete Jag representing himself and the brand he's supposedly representing in the worst way possible

I don't think he has responded. There are definitely some complaints. 

On 3/18/2024 at 4:21 PM, xcantu said:

Lol yeah I placed a bid on one of the pieces he had on auction and was cancelled 10 minutes before it was going to end.  I was the high bidder at $50.  I checked the next day and he relisted it for around $475.  No communication aside from the bid cancellation email.  Just like you I have no hard feelings.  A word of advice to OP, if your site doesn't generate any traffic, don't host an auction on there.

Yeah, that was my initial thought on his listing.

On 3/18/2024 at 4:07 PM, comix4fun said:

Yeah, I read his comments (the artist) on the contest and it's not surprising he's a Savannah grad - aside from one down-to-earth artist I've met from there, the rest come across as very self-important for having attended there. I mean, how hilarious is it that he name drops his college as reasoning why he's got the ability to draw - not practice. Not ability. Not creativity. Not drive. But his attendance at an art school. Yawn. I'm fancy, I went to Savannah!

fancyboy.png.f38d5d9e09f2427b789639fef2122562.png

Edited by Dr. Balls

On 3/20/2024 at 11:33 AM, Dr. Balls said:

Yeah, I read his comments (the artist) on the contest and it's not surprising he's a Savannah grad - aside from one down-to-earth artist I've met from there, the rest come across as very self-important for having attended there. I mean, how hilarious is it that he name drops his college as reasoning why he's got the ability to draw - not practice. Not ability. Not creativity. Not drive. But his attendance at an art school. Yawn. I'm fancy, I went to Savannah!

e8bebd766c0749c596ad67ab696e9540_w200.gif