• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wolverine Limited #1 1982 Back Cover Black Line Variant
3 3

23 posts in this topic

Can someone explain to me why a Wolverine Limited #1 1982 back cover black line variant is deemed super rare? I found it a bit odd and curious if this is this something CGC adds to the grader notes. It's an obvious printing issue by the manufacturer from what I see offered on eBay and was a tad surprised(?) as to the asking price for a CGC 7.0 grade book. Am I missing something here?

On 2/18/2024 at 9:41 AM, Door County Greek said:

Can someone explain to me why a Wolverine Limited #1 1982 back cover black line variant is deemed super rare? I found it a bit odd and curious if this is this something CGC adds to the grader notes. It's an obvious printing issue by the manufacturer from what I see offered on eBay and was a tad surprised(?) as to the asking price for a CGC 7.0 grade book. Am I missing something here?

what you are missing is that anyone can ask a price for what they are selling. Is it worth it? Not in the slightest.

His book isn't rare nor is the manufacturing defect

Appreciate the feedback. I thought I missed something with this, similar to double covers or the way other misprints are treated... but P.T Barnum once said there is one born every minute and it is a CGC 9.8 so opening bid is $1.5 million! Any takers?

On 2/18/2024 at 10:50 AM, Door County Greek said:

I got mine back from CGC as a 9.8 White pages... with an 1/8 inch thick black line going down along the edge of the back cover... I figure I could ask for more if deemed rare.. 

I'll off ya three fiddy thousand! 

:kidaround:

That’s funny…Toff Machardin….I was messaging the yahoo with the Wolverine #1 and he got all offensive…it was funny. Nonetheless, I took his lead and listed mine along with the rest of the series and an additional 1&2. 

I’m out nothing but a few minutes of my time. It costs nothing to list so why not? You never know.

IMG_2587.png

IMG_2588.png

IMG_2589.png

On 2/27/2024 at 10:31 AM, Grizzard said:

That’s funny…Toff Machardin….I was messaging the yahoo with the Wolverine #1 and he got all offensive…it was funny. Nonetheless, I took his lead and listed mine along with the rest of the series and an additional 1&2. 

I’m out nothing but a few minutes of my time. It costs nothing to list so why not? You never know.

IMG_2587.png

IMG_2588.png

IMG_2589.png

Well that conversation made my day

I hate to beat a dead horse but I stumbled on something on eBay related to another Wolverine Limited #1 as a CGC 9.9 grade Signature Series book. Dude wants $250K for it... It has 8 signatures on it across a number of years (Jim Shooter's sig is on the book but no mention in the label). According to the Verify CGC Certification lookup it shows the book was authenticated on 2021 as a 9.9.. I don't see this book as a 9.9 by closely looking at the image posted on eBay... How is this not flagged as a questionable CGC authenticated book? Considering all the nonsense going on with CGC books getting swapped out...

If anyone is bored feel free to cross-check signed dates and the CGC verification number from the post on eBay because I must be missing something on this as well or I have way too much time on my hands!!