• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Longest Trip by a Comic -- this might be a record........
2 2

27 posts in this topic

On 2/20/2024 at 8:53 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

You know? I guess that I knew that, but had to go back and relook to visualize it lol doh!

I guess I never said to myself, "that is a tank!" I was always looking at black widow haha, sad but true.

Who threw a tank? Or is it falling?

I expect a , "it's rainy tanks gif!"  :banana:

image.thumb.png.9bb9436e4ce4ab3f4e3496a5a87a3491.png

Since you asked - I had to go read the comic - 

I don't think this one will hit MCU, lol - 

So - Tony Stark randomly developed and anti gravity ray. Random? - yep - he was randomly throwing tech together and even he did not know how it worked and was not able to recreate it.  He dropped it and the wires fused - so no reverse engineering... 

A photographer caught a pic - so widow finds out. She plans to steal it to get back in the good graces of the USSR as she failed them when attacking Iron Man.

She sends Tony a letter - trying to reconcile for trying to kill him ( in issue 52) --- of course she is hot so he agrees to meet.

She steals it - wrecks havoc - levitates several of his factories, including some tanks... 

Tony does not know how the device works - but somehow he can build countermeasures into the armor. 

Iron man saves the day. 

I recently purchase a nice copy of Batman 227 that was supposed to travel from New York State to Ontario Canada (a 3 hour flight) and for some reason it took off across the Atlantic to Belgium before arriving at my door.  The seller and I held our breath and prayed that it didn't get lost.  I still have no clue why USPS would send it like this:

image.thumb.png.3ed19e2fb1776a6f7793e51a96337eed.png

My guess is there's a tracking number error that's somehow conflicting with another package.

I recently had an package from Brazil come to my PO Box. When I went to sign for it, it wanted me to confirm my address on the screen which showed up as a residental house in New York. I live in Los Angeles and the package clearly showed my LA PO Box.

That is absolutely crazy...and there is something going on with the USPS recently. I had one going from Orlando to Chicago that somehow took a detour to...AUSTRALIA! Can't compete with yours but maybe mine wins for farthest diversion? :facepalm: