• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Longest Trip by a Comic -- this might be a record........
2 2

27 posts in this topic

wow....... at least I got it back???

When still have not opened it - was waiting until I saw ANY tracking info ( nothing appeared initially when I typed it in ) - and lol - the last part when they say it was left with an individual - that is ( was in my mailbox)..  Opening tonight to check for damage - box is a little beat but now I know why......

This is an ebay sale - this buyer has purchased from me more than once so I know the address is good.... 

Chicago area to LA --- 

Bounced around Cali for a month - back to Chicago 

Back to LA

Back to Chicago

Back to LA

Back to Chicago

back to cali

back to chicago

back to cali

back to chicago

back to cali

back to chicago 

on to Charotte ( assume NC, no state given) 

back to cali 

on to Frankfurt Germany ( I want frequent flyer miles, lol) 

back to cali

back to chicago

back to cali

back to chicago - then back to me 

edit -- 

I will see what I can to to get a better image of the tracking - this is laughable for sure....

Edited by W16227

On 2/20/2024 at 6:05 PM, W16227 said:

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.d98ac1d9535f80cc602daaac63db0ce8.png

image.thumb.png.b024a273d1f60c5c626c983426d554c4.png

image.thumb.png.3f1d5f6d56ddefa2ec61a26b70fcde48.png

image.thumb.png.84600071d527dbc05b317a29a02b4cfb.png

image.thumb.png.a24cd2e4587dcd18cdcba0eae56aa334.png

Lol thanks for the real scans, I believed you before though. The struggle is real, and I didn't want to make light of it but

:jawdrop:

The power of solid packaging - 

beat up a little - but this logged some serious miles on its trip - cardbopard box over cardboard chippers......

the only potential damage was removing the comic from in between the chippers - the blue tape had long since lost its "temporary" adhesion (after a while the adhesive stiffens up) - and it pulled the comoc bag apart.  

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.d15e4313d72532b227120f0e1b0c731e.png

image.thumb.png.e6b18490c927e01f70186861ac6b004a.png

image.thumb.png.b5248cd98ce6a1876a0fdde9bccdf282.png

Edited by W16227

tenor(4).gif.c5f18dc4b48fc0afc66a01c0f7ad4321.gif

Glad it made it safe.

If you have not already,  I would forward this information to the post master for review as this is absolutely unacceptable for WAY TOO MANY reasons to list. 

On 2/20/2024 at 6:51 PM, 1950's war comics said:

great tank cover !!

You know? I guess that I knew that, but had to go back and relook to visualize it lol doh!

I guess I never said to myself, "that is a tank!" I was always looking at black widow haha, sad but true.

Who threw a tank? Or is it falling?

I expect a , "it's rainy tanks gif!"  :banana:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 2/20/2024 at 8:53 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I guess I never said to myself, "that is a tank!" I was always looking at black widow haha, sad but true.

Tanks for the mammaries.

I'm a huge fan of the USPS - no kidding, however last few weeks I've had similar happen to me 3 times. Makes me think it's being done for rea$on$ even if we don't know them....

I will say that twice I managed to contact the distant locations (there were both small post offices) while my parcels were on their premises and both times they added overnight labels and I had next day.  Still I'm becoming very concerned as for me FEDEX and UPS are even more horrid thus no viable fall back carrier for my location.

Edited by MAR1979

On 2/21/2024 at 7:10 AM, MAR1979 said:

I'm a huge fan of the USPS - no kidding

Very true... every time I roll my eyes at some problem, I think about what a small percentage of packages I actually have issues with and how impressive what they do is.

Doesn't stop the eye rolling when something like this goes down, though.

On 2/21/2024 at 9:10 AM, MAR1979 said:

I'm a huge fan of the USPS - no kidding, however last few weeks I've had similar happen to me 3 times. Makes me think it's being done for rea$on$ even if we don't know them....

I will say that twice I managed to contact the distant locations (there were both small post offices) while my parcels were on their premises and both times they added overnight labels and I had next day.  Still I'm becoming very concerned as for me FEDEX and UPS are even more horrid thus no viable fall back carrier for my location.

I have had VERY few issues with USPS - this one I did not even really know about until I got the package back- in January.  

Even then - the tracking information was not 'live' on the USPS site ( or ebay for that matter) - I was double checking yesterday and saw the update. I did not even open the box - just in case it was some long scam going on.... 

I think the Ebay buyer went straight though the insurance as the order is closed and all is going ( I wild make sure ) 

It is just funny to me the crazy amount of travel and that none of the scan ins triggered any sort of question/alternate actions ( you would think after the 1st 20 or so, some flag might be raised) .....