• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! JUNK SALE GA Parts and Pieces!
2 2

148 posts in this topic

On 2/22/2024 at 7:08 AM, Readcomix said:

Any of these, Bob? :wishluck:

- the first two wraps for Kid Komics #2?

- CF’s to Cap #’s 17 and 38

- CF to Wow Comics #21 (Mr. Scarlet story)

- Middle three wraps to Planet #10

- CF to Daredevil Comics #10? (Game?)

Sorry but no luck on those. Heck I’ve been looking for a coverless Cap 17 for over 35 years…

On 2/21/2024 at 2:04 PM, Robot Man said:

Forgot to take this short box to CalCon much to the disappointment of several of my more "budget minded" customers. All these books are POOR, period. Coverless, missing centerfolds and pages and other faults. Orphans in the high stakes world of comic collecting. Many cool books here but only for those needing parts or who just want to read cheap GA books. These are books I've bumped into in my many years of collecting. Many were bought as fillers and have been upgraded. A number of them have color copy  front covers from the upgrades I have found. Although still incomplete, at least you can know what the missing cover was. If you prefer high grade "investment" books, just move along. If you just can't afford the prices on some of these, an opportunity to grab some cheap reading.

Rules:

No problem children or HOS members.

Postage is USPS Ground Advantage for one or two books at $7.00 Price goes up a bit for more depending where you are and how many you get. I do my best to keep postage as low as possible. 

I prefer to sell only to US addresses but might make an exception if I know you.

An "I'LL TAKE IT" icon takes it first. So, keep that in mind if you want something. When I get done, I will review PMs (in order of when they came in). If you have a question (other than a lower offer) post it and I will try to answer you.

Payment is via PayPal, Checks or Money Orders.  

Returns: No hassle returns within two weeks from when tracking says it was delivered. Return postage is on you unless I make a gross error and in that case I will "man-up" and pay return postage. I don't expect any returns though as I've only had a couple 4 in 40 years. 

This stuff all comes from a smoke filled, varmit infested, mouldy junk house. (Just kidding!) Here we go... 

All Flash #25 1946

My favorite All Flash cover. Too bad it's missing... This is an otherwise complete copy with some minor bug damage through entire book. Flat, and tight with nice paper

$30.

allflash25A.jpeg

allflash25B.jpeg

Take

SOLD!

Star Spangled #129 1952

My favorite part of the run. Has a cool Ghost Breaker leadoff, then Robin the Boy Wonder, Capt. Compass and finally Tomahawk. A solid read cover to cover.

Coverless. When I originally got it, it came with a fully attached set of b/w photocopies of both of the covers. I added a color front cover copy once I upgraded. Other than being coverless, a nice off white paged clean reading copy.

$18.

starspangled1.jpeg

starspangled2.jpeg

starspangled3.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

On 2/22/2024 at 6:36 PM, Robot Man said:

Star Spangled #129 1952

My favorite part of the run. Has a cool Ghost Breaker leadoff, then Robin the Boy Wonder, Capt. Compass and finally Tomahawk. A solid read cover to cover.

Coverless. When I originally got it, it came with a fully attached set of b/w photocopies of both of the covers. I added a color front cover copy once I upgraded. Other than being coverless, a nice off white paged clean reading copy.

$18.

starspangled1.jpeg

starspangled2.jpeg

starspangled3.jpeg

take for 18

SOLD!

Golden Lad #4 April 1946

Fun title. Has an ad for the Golden Lad Club. A membership kit I have been searching for for MANY years. So if anyone out there sees one for sale...

A very fresh off white, clean coverless copy with a small color reproduction of the front cover.

$18.

goldenlad1.jpeg

goldenlad2.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

On 2/22/2024 at 6:42 PM, Robot Man said:

Golden Lad #4 April 1946

Fun title. Has an ad for the Golden Lad Club. A membership kit I have been searching for for MANY years. So if anyone out there sees one for sale...

A very fresh off white, clean coverless copy with a small color reproduction of the front cover.

$18.

goldenlad1.jpeg

goldenlad2.jpeg

take 18

The Perfect Crime #26 1952

Very graphic drug cover classic. One of the better ones in this sub genre

A 3/4 cover newsstand return copy. A copy of missing piece neatly laid inside.First page neatly sliced where cover was cut off.

Was $50. just imagine what a better copy would go for...

Now $45.

perfectcrime1.jpeg

perfectcrime2.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

On 2/22/2024 at 1:05 PM, Robot Man said:

Sorry but no luck on those. Heck I’ve been looking for a coverless Cap 17 for over 35 years…

Thanks Bob; I know it wasn’t the easiest request list. So you’ve got a cover and no book? I’ve got a book with no centerfold. 

On 2/22/2024 at 5:14 PM, Readcomix said:

Thanks Bob; I know it wasn’t the easiest request list. So you’ve got a cover and no book? I’ve got a book with no centerfold. 

You are way ahead of me. All I've got is a set of covers that was one of my earliest GA buys. All pieces of books...

SOLD!

This one is a real tragedy. Almost didn't post it but these are so hard to come by in any condition...

More Fun #95 1944

Coverless with a color copy cover of the beater I upgraded to...:roflmao:This one is fragile and brittle with all pages split at the spine. On the bright side, it is complete otherwise. Could probably be read VERY carefully. I love this title but have just been priced out every time I bump into even a low grade copy.

So how about $25. as is (with no returns)

morefun95A.jpeg

morefun95B.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Junior Comics #13 1948

Al Feldstein iconic GGA title!

This is a coverless copy. Comes with a color copy cover. yes, my keeper is autographed by Al himself. And, since these Fox books start on the inside front cover, I have included a copy of that page for readability as well.Interior has some water staining and been trimmed around the edges.

$45. where are you going to find an original Junior reader this cheap?

junior1.jpeg

junior2.jpeg

junior3.jpeg