• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RIP Ed Jaster - we will miss you
6 6

63 posts in this topic

On 2/26/2024 at 9:44 AM, jimjum12 said:

He consistently had the best ads in CBG. I was happy for him when he accepted the position at Heritage, but I sure missed those ads. He definitely knew his stuff. Condolences to the family and R.I.P. ... GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Prior to being a comic dealer Ed had a graphic design/advertising shop in Chicago.

Ed sold me my first pre-Robin Detective. It was a 35 that had the cover glued to the spine.

When I called to make the purchase, we talk for 20 minutes about comics. He was friendly, classy and though I didn't know him well, will miss him.

Rest in peace, brother.

Oh no, I am so shocked and sorry to hear this.  RIP Ed.  I had numerous conversations with Ed over many years, and he was such a stand up guy.  I so trusted and appreciated his input, judgments, guidance and support.  My deepest condolences to his family and to you, Rick, and everyone at Heritage.

Edited by MusterMark

I couldn't believe the sad news I heard yesterday about Ed's passing. Even though I have not seen him much in the more recent years, I've always considered him one of my good friends in the collecting world. I still remember being out to dinner with him with a large group of collectors after a Sotherby's auction---it seemed like it was just yesterday. Rest in Peace my good friend...God bless you and all your family left behind. See you on the other side one day---

On 2/27/2024 at 8:56 AM, CentaurMan said:

Way too young.  Very sad.

I'm glad he was able to enjoy his last months with friends and family.

Hey Win;

Totally agree with your post here.  (thumbsu

BTW:  You really need to grace us here with your presence more often and also on more happier occasions as the last time you posted here was with respect to the passing of our own long time boardie and fellow collector, Jon Berk.  :(

I really miss your posts and your wealth of knowledge here, with the perfect example being the Windex Scarcity Index for somne of the various titles that you used to do for us here.  :luhv:

I was fortunate to have met Ed almost 30 years ago when he was a dealer/collector. Kind of like the rest of us I guess. He had a sincere ascerbic wit but was also warm and just friendly so I was drawn to him right away. We only met up and chatted or shared dinner at occasional big shows over the years but looking back I cherish them all. I’m counting my blessings that I was ready to sell some of my collection a couple years ago and so of course called Ed at Heritage. He flew out and we had a great time frantically unframing and packing and regaling each other with stories of deals gone by. We got to have dinner with my wife who even feigned interest in our hobby due to Ed’s charisma in the telling of tales. She and I are both saddened by Ed’s passing but it leaves a hole in my hobby greater than all those treasures that left my house when he left that day for the final time. God speed Ed, you will be missed.

On 3/1/2024 at 11:26 AM, Robot Man said:

There was a very loving obituary to Ed by Jim Halperin in today’s Diamond Scoop edition. I would post it but I just can’t get it to link. Very sad. He seemed like one heck of a great guy. 

https://scoop.previewsworld.com/Home/4/1/73/1012?articleID=273156