• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should I bid?

42 posts in this topic

I've been looking for an Invaders 3 9.6 for about 2 years now, and boom, there it is on ebay. Buying this comic would complete my run of Invaders grading out at 9.6 and above. However, the comic is rather miswrapped. In fact, my 9.4 has much greater eye appeal. Should I bid just to complete the run, or should I be more patient and wait another two years for a better copy?

I've been looking for an Invaders 3 9.6 for about 2 years now, and boom, there it is on ebay. Buying this comic would complete my run of Invaders grading out at 9.6 and above. However, the comic is rather miswrapped. In fact, my 9.4 has much greater eye appeal. Should I bid just to complete the run, or should I be more patient and wait another two years for a better copy?

Buy the book, not the label.

Would you be happy with it just because it is a 9.6? Or would the mis-wrap bug you?

Me? I'd pass. Bad miswraps suck, and there are probably 9 million # 3 raw 9.6's laying around in some geezers closet. I bet someone on these boards even has one. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif But, after looking at it, those kinda miswraps don't bug me so much - - it's the crooked ones. This one could always be a place holder for the next one that comes along.

Me? I'd pass. Bad miswraps suck, and there are probably 9 million # 3 raw 9.6's laying around in some geezers closet. I bet someone on these boards even has one. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif But, after looking at it, those kinda miswraps don't bug me so much - - it's the crooked ones. This one could always be a place holder for the next one that comes along.

Im the same way. Miswraps are okay as long as their not an inch thick or are crooked.

Do what you feel like. It sounds like you're leaning toward not buying it. Then don't. If you do buy it , follow Nikos idea that a better 9.6 will come along eventually.

Chances are it might happen.

Chances are that we could have an all out nuclear war in the next 5 years, so dump all real estate now and pick it up pennies on the dollar later 27_laughing.gif

Threads like this convince me that this will be a dead hobby in 5 years time, so you better flip your books now, kiddos, while the flipping's good. You can always buy them back for pennies on the dollar after the dust settles.

I don't know who this shill is, but he's pretty funny.

Threads like this convince me that this will be a dead hobby in 5 years time, so you better flip your books now, kiddos, while the flipping's good. You can always buy them back for pennies on the dollar after the dust settles.

my God, is your life so fukcing empty that you have nothing better to do than come here and be a complete waste of space? can you find no better use for your time than trolling a Comic Book Message Board?

go out and play in the park, pay a woman to spend time with you, do something else.

i would pity you if i thought it would matter