• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should I bid?

42 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I am new here and I am a bit confused about this 'pressing' idea. I understand the concept but is it true that it can not be detected 100% by CGC so they do not count as restored? I have seen a quote from a CGC grader along the lines of 'There is no way to tell if the book has been pressed or been put under a set of encyclopedias for a few years.'

Why is it so hard to believe that HG BA copies are not available without Assuming that they automatically have been pressed.

And with that a new pressing debate has begun foreheadslap.gif

joe investor = KK

Are you kidding? KK has yet to master "right v. left" when putting on his shoes... you think he could produce something that clever (to say nothing of the use of proper punctuation)?

And for all you pro-hobby insufficiently_thoughtful_persons who get MAD at "JI" for what he's saying, have you stopped to think about WHAT he's doing? He's skewering the guy that you've gotten MAD at all along! He's MOCKING JC. Get the joke yet?

Gah. This is why I left the internet in the first place.

joe investor = KK

Are you kidding? KK has yet to master "right v. left" when putting on his shoes... you think he could produce something that clever (to say nothing of the use of proper punctuation)?

And for all you pro-hobby insufficiently_thoughtful_persons who get MAD at "JI" for what he's saying, have you stopped to think about WHAT he's doing? He's skewering the guy that you've gotten MAD at all along! He's MOCKING JC. Get the joke yet?

i get the joke. it's just irritating, no matter which side it comes from. the first few times, okay, sure, but every freaking thread?

joe investor = KK

Stick around, MK, dammit.

joe investor = KK

Stick around, MK, dammit.

Well, okay. So long as Greggy starts poking his head out more so I can ... whack it... back... down. Right, so the "Whack-A-Mole" analogy involving Greggy is probably never a good idea. Lesson learned.

Who's greggy?

He's the reason why you can never find size 32 short-shorts at big & tall men's stores.

Ooooohh, not good. I assume that extends to bicycle pants as well right?

Who can say? I'm sure he could paint on a pair of bicycle pants if he wanted to...

Who's greggy?

He's the reason why you can never find size 32 short-shorts at big & tall men's stores.

Ooooohh, not good. I assume that extends to bicycle pants as well right?

Who can say? I'm sure he could paint on a pair of bicycle pants if he wanted to...

Sounds, like a sad, little man. Oh, well. God cannot gift all of us, with nigh Olympian physiques, can he? hehheheheeh grin.gif

my God, is your life so fukcing empty that you have nothing better to do than come here and be a complete waste of space? can you find no better use for your time than trolling a Comic Book Message Board?

go out and play in the park, pay a woman to spend time with you, do something else.

i would pity you if i thought it would matter

Shouldn't you be spiking the punch at an AA meeting right about now?