• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM 1 TMNT 1st print : to re-holder or regrade that is the question, Current grade hidden
1 1

9 posts in this topic

I don't have a regular camera so the images are the best I can do with my limited skill set. Tried to magnify the defects. In older holder that I am going to replace. All scuffing on the case.   Thank you for your insight.

1tmnt.jpg

2tmnt.jpg

3tmnt.jpg

4tmnt.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

It’s hard to grade through a case via pictures. Spine ticks and edge wear are visible, maybe some smudges (above the ´a ´ in cowabunga?). Black covers like that are fingerprint magnets. What are the grading notes? Perhaps a clean and press will help.  If it is just the edge wear and spine ticks I think that could be a 7.0-7.5.

As a yellow label, you're options are limited. You have to use CCS unless you have a strategy to get additional signatures at a convention. CCS doesn't seem to use the full toolbox in their work. The visible defects break color & can't be fixed anyway. Anecdotally, CGC grades come back the same without something improvable with something done to make that fix. I think there's some consideration of what the slab says when it comes in. I'd reholder & be done with it.

That looks to be about a 7.0 to my untrained eye.  I'd just do a re-holder if the scuffed case is bothering you.  I think a re-grade would fall under unlimited value and cost you hundreds of dollars.