• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Search Limits

3 posts in this topic

Please raise the search limits.

I cannot even search one entire invoice (25)...of books I submitted...before hitting the limit. In fact, I think I was only able to search 15 or so books before hitting the limit.

I have multiple invoices. 

Thank you.

• Administrator

Hello!

We are sorry you ran into this problem. This is a measure we have implemented across all of our companies to prevent bots from crawling through our certification data allowing individuals to add comics to their registries that they do not own. We understand this can be frustrating for some of our customers, however, it is another way we protect our customers and their comics.

The first helpful tip around this next time is to make sure you are logged in to your account while looking up this certification number. This will allow you to have more entries in the certification look-up and less wait time when you reach the limit.

The second option is to use the census to look up the comics by their name and number first instead of by the certification number. You can do this using the link below.

Finally, and the easiest option is to use your submission tracking page to review the grades of these books. 

Thank you for your understanding. Let us know if you have any other questions! 

https://www.cgccomics.com/census/

Thank you for your response.

However...I did not ask *why* you have search limits, which is the question you answered.

I simply asked you to raise them, if not do away with them altogether.

There are most certainly ways to avoid "bots" from crawling through your certification data without limiting searches by legitimate submitters. The Certified Collectibles Group is simply unwilling, at this time, to explore those options.

On 2/29/2024 at 12:50 PM, MattM CS said:

The first helpful tip around this next time is to make sure you are logged in to your account while looking up this certification number.

Already and always done.

The second option is to use the census to look up the comics by their name and number first instead of by the certification number.

This does not give me the information I am seeking.

Finally, and the easiest option is to use your submission tracking page to review the grades of these books. 

Already and always done. This does not give me the information I am seeking.

The solution is simple, if perhaps not necessarily easy: find a way to allow submitters (and other legitimate users of the data) to not have "search limits" imposed upon them. If the Certified Collectibles Group is unwilling to do this, this will continue to be a thorn of contention until they do. It is an unnecessary hindrance to those who pay handsomely for your services.

Thank you.