• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First Time Comic Con NEWB!
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I am going to a comic con for the first time ever and I want to get two artist to sign my books.  The CGC Rep at the con is Captured Collectables. 

Should I submit an order for the comics I want signed / pressed / graded on the CGC website and pay up BEFORE going to the con?

Will this save me some $$ vs just going to the Captured Collectables booth and starting the process there?

Does anyone know what Kyle Starks and Bob McLeod charge for CGC witnessed signatures?

Any other advice??

Thanks

Charges for sigs can vary from show to show and might even be different for graded vs non-graded.  Maybe check out the social media of the artist for clues, or if it matters that much you can message the artist or his/her agent if you can find the info.  

Additionally, the facilitator may a bit more info on that.

I think MOST facilitators let you submit under your own account (which might save you a bit of money), but you should probably contact the facilitator first about what the best processes are for if/when to fill out paperwork.  

Also, if CGC happens to have their own booth at the convention, you can just go directly to the booth and NOT use a facilitator (saving on extra fees).

Unless CGC is there themselves you’ll be paying an extra fee one way or another. You need a witness when you get your books signed and all facilitiators charge a fee for that. So you have to go to Captured’s booth regardless of whether you submit the books in your account or theirs. Just go there first thing BEFORE before getting your books signed (otherwise it doesn’t count) and they’ll walk you through it. Most facilitators are used to dealing with newbies, 

On 2/29/2024 at 5:36 PM, Capt-Ajax said:

I am going to a comic con for the first time ever and I want to get two artist to sign my books.  The CGC Rep at the con is Captured Collectables. 

Should I submit an order for the comics I want signed / pressed / graded on the CGC website and pay up BEFORE going to the con?

Will this save me some $$ vs just going to the Captured Collectables booth and starting the process there?

Does anyone know what Kyle Starks and Bob McLeod charge for CGC witnessed signatures?

Any other advice??

Thanks

You will need to contact Captured Collectables, inform them you are new to the process and will need some help. They will give you a list of their fees, plus estimate the autograph fee (or have you pay after prior to submission). You will need to have your own account with CGC and fill out the following:

image.png.ea45d773625e6d1dfa1a9d29d06c2693.png

Looking at their WEBSITE it seems they still use the older submission model (through them) which I believe CGC no longer authorizes. In any case; shoot them an email and they will give you instructions.