• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thoughts On Using Graded Comic Storage Cases For CGC Books
2 2

8 posts in this topic

Hi all! I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on using graded comic storage cases for their CGC books. These would be storage products made by companies like Casematix. Is there any downside at all in using these for slabs? Any/all opinions are greatly appreciated!

They look like an interesting (at least cheaper) alternative to the oft-discussed safe. If some are both Fire and Water -proof, I guess the question is assuming books inside cannot  breathe, would you have the same problems as the safe?

On 3/4/2024 at 8:43 AM, whomerjay said:

They look like an interesting (at least cheaper) alternative to the oft-discussed safe. If some are both Fire and Water -proof, I guess the question is assuming books inside cannot  breathe, would you have the same problems as the safe?

This is my concern. They look nice, and secure, and I'd consider it, but do we know anything about how they let the books breathe, account for offgassing, etc. I'd like to have something like this, but I have concerns about rust, yellowing etc over time. Would love to hear more about them if anyone has any science, or even anecdotal data.