• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to set up alerts for certain issues for Sale?
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I hope everyone ins happy and healthy. Was not sure where to post this, but is it possible to set up an alert for when a certain issue is posted for sale? If so would you ever so kindly let me know how I might set this up? I tried to look at my profile etc but could not work it out! If anyone knows it would be much appreciated :)Thank you so much in advance for any pointers.

Yeah, it's not really a forum function, since it's not primarily a sales platform. 

You could do a general search for your comic within the site pages, and save the search as a favorite/bookmark in your browser. Rerun as often as you can.

On 3/3/2024 at 1:12 PM, KCOComics said:

For the sales forum here? 

You can follow certain sellers who sell stuff you like,  but I think that's about it.  

Otherwise you can refresh the page on your phone every 26 seconds like I do. 

Thank you KCOComics :)

On 3/4/2024 at 9:00 PM, Lightning55 said:

Yeah, it's not really a forum function, since it's not primarily a sales platform. 

You could do a general search for your comic within the site pages, and save the search as a favorite/bookmark in your browser. Rerun as often as you can.

Thanks Lightning55!

On 3/3/2024 at 8:12 AM, KCOComics said:

For the sales forum here? 

You can follow certain sellers who sell stuff you like,  but I think that's about it.  

Otherwise you can refresh the page on your phone every 26 seconds like I do. 

and Greggy will still be the one to get there first to scoop up anything you might really want.

I used to have a spider set-up through google alerts to key word search certain books (including misspellings/numbering/ect) that would report back through email sorted into leveled subfolders depending on results. Unfortunately this is heavily SEO based and the CGC are not very good (they seemed to be indexed only once a day). I have since changed to the AWS back-end which is a bit more robust but still has SEO limitation for non-direct sight inclusions.

you can still do set-up alerts with google but I have heard they are not very good even for direct submission sights that are supposed to be checked every hour.

On 3/8/2024 at 4:37 AM, DougC said:

I used to have a spider set-up through google alerts to key word search certain books (including misspellings/numbering/ect) that would report back through email sorted into leveled subfolders depending on results. Unfortunately this is heavily SEO based and the CGC are not very good (they seemed to be indexed only once a day). I have since changed to the AWS back-end which is a bit more robust but still has SEO limitation for non-direct sight inclusions.

you can still do set-up alerts with google but I have heard they are not very good even for direct submission sights that are supposed to be checked every hour.

Thanks DougC for explaining I really appreciate it. I guess I have to keep manually searching and lose out to the speed of the folks on the CGC boards! :)