• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fedex is forging customers signatures for Direct Signatures Required packages
4 4

71 posts in this topic

The last time this happened with my CGC package the FedEx customer service agent told me that the driver was probably trying to do me a favor by signing the package for me so I wouldn't have to wait until the next day or day after to get the package. BS!! They did it because they didn't want to spend the time doing their job by putting the package back on the truck and attempting to get a legitimate signature the next day by making another delivery attempt.

Lol so funny that I started reading this thread when I had a package coming back from cgc. So in the past I always got the note and have actually had to start leaving work on delivery days. This time I  couldn't really leave on day 1 so I figured I'd get the note then figure it out the next day but low and behold I  apparently signed for it at home while still at work. Luckily I live in a neighborhood where it's kinda ok for a package to be sitting on my porch for several hours but still it's a bit disconcerting.

I've recounted my FedEx frustrations a few times, so, short version, on multiple occasions I've caught them pulling up to the house, opening the door, then pulling away, updating the status to "No one at home to sign" rather than get out of the car and deliver it. Sometimes I made it outside in time to flag them down, but usually I was too late to realize what was happening.

For some time now, I've had my FedEx packages redirected to Walgreens. It's not super convenient, but  at least the packages show up on time, and I can get them without much hassle.

SO

Yesterday, I knew I had a CLink package coming, and I knew I had redirected it to Walgreens. However, I kept getting delivery updates, and I soon realized that I actually had a second package, from BBTS, arriving on the same day! By the time I realized I'd made a mistake, it was too late. I put in the request to hold the package at Walgreens, but they didn't see it, or ignored it, and I got notice that the package had been delivered at home.

When I got home, here it was. Not only could they not be bothered to put it on the porch, they didn't even get it halfway onto the walkway. And the grass was wet, as it had been raining.

I really hate FedEx.

IMG_8999.JPG

On 3/7/2024 at 8:19 AM, F For Fake said:

I've recounted my FedEx frustrations a few times, so, short version, on multiple occasions I've caught them pulling up to the house, opening the door, then pulling away, updating the status to "No one at home to sign" rather than get out of the car and deliver it. Sometimes I made it outside in time to flag them down, but usually I was too late to realize what was happening.

For some time now, I've had my FedEx packages redirected to Walgreens. It's not super convenient, but  at least the packages show up on time, and I can get them without much hassle.

SO

Yesterday, I knew I had a CLink package coming, and I knew I had redirected it to Walgreens. However, I kept getting delivery updates, and I soon realized that I actually had a second package, from BBTS, arriving on the same day! By the time I realized I'd made a mistake, it was too late. I put in the request to hold the package at Walgreens, but they didn't see it, or ignored it, and I got notice that the package had been delivered at home.

When I got home, here it was. Not only could they not be bothered to put it on the porch, they didn't even get it halfway onto the walkway. And the grass was wet, as it had been raining.

I really hate FedEx.

IMG_8999.JPG

When you source out core functions to temps, so the CEOs and Shareholders make out, this is the kind of poop that occurs. When money is involved, a chain of accountability is paramount. Light bulb employees, with no vested interest, do not provide that. Communication options are at their optimal level in this country. Time to start sharing the dirt, muddy the reputation of FedEx, and do our best to precipitate the termination of a CEO and the majority of their decision stream. Things will change then ... for a while. Unfortunately, the Corporate infrastructure is not targeting customer satisfaction, that concern is barely even secondary. GOD BLESS ... 

-jinbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12

On 3/7/2024 at 2:38 PM, jimjum12 said:

When you source out core functions to temps, so the CEOs and Shareholders make out, this is the kind of poop that occurs. When money is involved, a chain of accountability is paramount. Light bulb employees, with no vested interest, do not provide that. Communication options are at their optimal level in this country. Time to start sharing the dirt, muddy the reputation of FedEx, and do our best to precipitate the termination of a CEO and the majority of their decision stream. Things will change then ... for a while. Unfortunately, the Corporate infrastructure is not targeting customer satisfaction, that concern is barely even secondary. GOD BLESS ... 

-jinbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

What we really need, is government intervention and legislation to force companies to be more accountable for their negligence. Similar to what the EU does to force companies to be more consumer-minded.

Unfortunately, North America is capitalistic, and the government is in the corporations' pockets and are at their mercy for taxes and societal functionality.

FedEx came by today to "retrieve" the package long after we've already returned home. My wife was home and confronted the driver. He admitted several times that he was the one that forged the signature for the package and left it unattended. Then he nervously started to stutter and back peddle blaming other drivers for it as well as other customers on the route.

I wish I could post the video on here. It's hilarious watching the driver try to come up with excuses and explanations for why the package was left without a signature from someone at the residence.

On 3/7/2024 at 8:19 AM, F For Fake said:

I've caught them pulling up to the house, opening the door, then pulling away, updating the status to "No one at home to sign" rather than get out of the car and deliver it.

They did that to me a few weeks ago, parked in the driveway and left without delivering. I think the driver opened the back of the truck, couldn't find the box right away, gave up and left. I didn't hear the truck until it was pulling away. The box is HUGE, how can you miss it, but maybe under a mountain of stuff. This was on a Friday, and later that day the Expected Delivery Date changed to Monday.

Even though I have been told several times by the staff at the FedEx terminal, that Ground deliveries will NEVER be made on the weekend, the box came Saturday. Good thing I was home.

On 3/7/2024 at 10:40 PM, Lightning55 said:

They did that to me a few weeks ago, parked in the driveway and left without delivering. I think the driver opened the back of the truck, couldn't find the box right away, gave up and left. I didn't hear the truck until it was pulling away. The box is HUGE, how can you miss it, but maybe under a mountain of stuff. This was on a Friday, and later that day the Expected Delivery Date changed to Monday.

Even though I have been told several times by the staff at the FedEx terminal, that Ground deliveries will NEVER be made on the weekend, the box came Saturday. Good thing I was home.

I got the email that my package was to be delivered that day, a little earlier than scheduled, and cancelled plans I had. so I would be there. 7:00 p.m. came and went with no delivery and an email notification that delivery was attempted, which was a lie ... I had been on the laptop by the door ALL day. I was furious. I called every number I could find and kept escalating to manager after manager. I was livid and let them have it, all without profanity. I was proud of myself and for a moment wondered if, maybe, I was management material. Long story short, my package arrived the next day, a Sunday, and the driver gave me a heartfelt apology for the lack of FedEx's consideration for the value of my time. I never had another problem with them again ... I must have made the problem child list. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

...that experience was definitely NOT a "Wilson" moment

Edited by jimjum12

I was walking to the post office the other day, and this was how the FedEx driver decided to park on the street I was walking up. I passed him on the other side, and said "You need to learn how to park." His response was "I park there every day." Yeah; DON'T

IMG_6432.jpg

Edited by GeeksAreMyPeeps

On 3/7/2024 at 5:38 PM, andrew parker said:

FedEx came by today to "retrieve" the package long after we've already returned home. My wife was home and confronted the driver. He admitted several times that he was the one that forged the signature for the package and left it unattended. Then he nervously started to stutter and back peddle blaming other drivers for it as well as other customers on the route.

I wish I could post the video on here. It's hilarious watching the driver try to come up with excuses and explanations for why the package was left without a signature from someone at the residence.

On 3/8/2024 at 1:44 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I was walking to the post office the other day, and this was how the FedEx driver decided to park on the street I was walking up. I passed him on the other side, and said "You need to learn how to park." His responses was "I park there every day." Uh, yeah; don't/

IMG_6432.jpg

Deliverymen don't get paid enough to care. That's just how society will be for the next long while until government intervention and legislation pressure corporations to be more accountable.