• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Apple CONSTELLATION tv series
1 1

14 posts in this topic

Started watching….really solid sci-fi/thriller starring Noomi Raspace (such a solid actress going back to TGWTDT franchise) and old geezer Jonathan Banks ( breaking bad, better call Saul, Beverly Hills Cop). 

Anyone else liking this show? 

Edited by g-man

I've watched the first two episodes and not sure what to think.  I'm thinking about bailing but might give it another episode.

The acting seems solid but not necessarily sold on the script at this point.

On 3/4/2024 at 7:32 PM, piper said:

I've watched the first two episodes and not sure what to think.  I'm thinking about bailing but might give it another episode.

The acting seems solid but not necessarily sold on the script at this point.

It's not a linear show - that's what we've discovered as we are on episode 5 or 6 (we're caught up). You don't really know what's going on, and it leaves a lot to your imagination and general sci-fi knowledge to put the pieces together. It's almost as if the audience is as confused as the characters throughout the story - which I really like. Not that I'd want every show to be like that, but it's kind of cool that we are so far in, and we're just barely understanding what the "experiment" is doing.

Even the ancillary characters are hard to figure out. I can see why people might have an issue with it - but I really like what's going on with it. It's almost like a detective-style sci-fi show.

On 3/28/2024 at 12:07 AM, I like pie said:

Ooof. Such a disappointing ending. The acting throughout the entire series was excellent but the writing really fell short on sticking the landing.

yea watched it and did not give enough answers IMO. Seemed like they wanted the viewer to make assumptions and conclusions. 

On 3/27/2024 at 10:07 PM, I like pie said:

Ooof. Such a disappointing ending. The acting throughout the entire series was excellent but the writing really fell short on sticking the landing.

Same here. My wife and I - who really loved the show and enjoyed the pacing and mystery of it - felt it was really lackluster. We were also disappointed to learn this was going to be an ongoing series. I was under the impression this was a story to be wrapped up by the finale, which would have been great. Thinking all this has to be revisted a year or two from now was kind of a waste of my time. We generally don't invest into these "art house" type of shows until they get a few seasons under their belt and are not cancelled.

We did, however, pivot over to For All Mankind, which is good so far, and they've racked up 3 or 4 seasons, so it was time to give that one a go.

Be sure to give Silo a try on Apple+ as well.  Without a doubt my favorite series of 2023 and one I simply can’t stop thinking about.  Best Apple+ series since Ted Lasso.

On 3/30/2024 at 2:31 PM, CrocHntr said:

Be sure to give Silo a try on Apple+ as well.  Without a doubt my favorite series of 2023 and one I simply can’t stop thinking about. 

Or try streaming '1899' season 1. Would say it is better than 'Silo.' Mix of Bermuda Triangle, Titanic and X-files with nice twist ending but no budget for a season 2.

Edited by aardvark88
sp.

On 3/29/2024 at 8:36 AM, Dr. Balls said:

We did, however, pivot over to For All Mankind, which is good so far, and they've racked up 3 or 4 seasons, so it was time to give that one a go.

One of the best shows ever. It's amazing.

On 4/1/2024 at 3:21 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

One of the best shows ever. It's amazing.

Were almost through season 1 and it’s really cool. I had instant faith when I saw Ron Moore involved (BSG is my jam)