• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has the Mechanical Error policy changed?
1 1

2 posts in this topic

I received a book a while back that had some scuffs and scrapes on the slab, so I sent it back in for a Mechanical Error. I received the same book back yesterday, and it still has obvious scuffs and scrapes on it, but when I resubmit for a 2nd ME, the form tells me I can no longer select 'slab damaged in transit' because I received the book over 14 days ago. 

Can we no longer resubmit damaged slabs for Mechanical Errors more than once? So if the slab we receive after the 1st Mechanical Error is damaged, but no longer eligible to be resubmitted, that leaves the submitter with a damaged slab and no recourse? I'm hoping this is just a website error and not a policy change, as I've had to submit many books in for more than one round of Mechanical Error.

Edited by dbcn

• Administrator

Hello @dbcn! Sorry for the delay in getting back to you! I was out of the office. Yes, you can resubmit MEs after the initial return. To do this, you will need to use the most recent submission/invoice number the book was returned with followed by the line item number as the certification number. Let me know if you have any other questions.