• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone else notice last weeks books

41 posts in this topic

I heard a rumor that you actually don't HAVE to buy comics. Not sure if that's true or not. But if I find proof, I'll let everyone know.

I dont buy!

I walk into the store and somehow the books magically appear in my backpack

Man, you guys have no idea what I said in my initial post. I just think that the books from last week are way too thin. Even more ads would make me feel like I was at least paying for more of the paper. But without those pages at all, makes you feel like you're not getting much for $3.00.

Man, you guys have no idea what I said in my initial post. I just think that the books from last week are way too thin. Even more ads would make me feel like I was at least paying for more of the paper. But without those pages at all, makes you feel like you're not getting much for $3.00.

Sure, we're all dreaming about pizza and beer and all of that, and then you want to steer it back to what you originally stated.

I responded to your bizarre problem already - you got what you paid for - a comic book with exactly what it's supposed to have - 22 pages of art and story.

I can understand other people's problems about too many ads... they distract from the actual reading of the comic book, and Marvel actually did do something about that by moving them to the back of their comics - but I can't believe you are seriously complaining about a comic that had fewer ads.

Maybe there's a legitimate reason for lack of ads in that SPECIFIC comic. Maybe the advertisers won't support MZ because of the horror content? It actually should be labeled a MAX comic due to the violence contained within. Without proper advertising revenue maybe they should have RAISED the price to satisfy our creepy interest in undead super-heroes that feast on living flesh.

what the hell? every time i think you can't make less sense, you manage to top yourself somehow.

you want to pay more so you can feel like you're getting more, even though what you're wishing to pay for are ads.

tonofbricks.gifforeheadslap.gif

what the hell? every time i think you can't make less sense, you manage to top yourself somehow.

you want to pay more so you can feel like you're getting more, even though what you're wishing to pay for are ads.

tonofbricks.gifforeheadslap.gif

Geez, people. Its the simple fact that each comics seems to be half as thick now. We know the missing pages were ads, so no one will really miss them, but damn it it makes the comics seem like a freaking pamphlet rather than a comic.

It's not about the f-ing fact that I miss ads. Are you kidding me? Its just the fact that these $3.00 comics are so freaking thin. Paying the same amount, but for less shinny paper. That just doesn't make sense.

screwy.gif

screwy.gif

screwy.gif

Think about this. There are obviously less pages in the recent books as opposed to just a few short weeks ago; yet the cost is exactly the same. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Even if there were 10 more pages of ads, at least you'd know you were paying for the glossy paper. However, now you're paying more per page of it.

That is my concern.

Comics have traditionally had 32 interior pages (not including cover), with 22 pages of story and 10 pages of other (ads, letter pages, etc.).

Marvel Zombies #1

Interior page count = 32 pages

Story Pages = 22

Ad pages = 10

No problem.

Think about this. There are obviously less pages in the recent books as opposed to just a few short weeks ago; yet the cost is exactly the same. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Even if there were 10 more pages of ads, at least you'd know you were paying for the glossy paper. However, now you're paying more per page of it.

That is my concern.

Actually, with less ads I am surprised the price wasn't higher 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Comics have traditionally had 32 interior pages (not including cover), with 22 pages of story and 10 pages of other (ads, letter pages, etc.).

Marvel Zombies #1

Interior page count = 32 pages

Story Pages = 22

Ad pages = 10

No problem.

foreheadslap.gif Damn, there were 32 pages in that book? Mine felt more like 15. I was to the midpoint (staples) of the book after only a mere couple of minutes.

That surprised me, I guess Marvel really was pumping books in the past with about 27 pages of ads foreheadslap.gif

I retract this entire thread.