• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone else notice last weeks books

41 posts in this topic

I just got my books from last week; and I'm surprised no one really commented how thin they were. I picked up my Marvel Zombies #1 and thought "I paid $3 for this?"

Now, it seems like a lot less ads, which is good. But even a book with all the ads is worth more than this thing. What was it? 22 pages? I'd rather pay $3 for a book with 15 pages of advertisements.

I bought Marvel Zombies, and I liked it (a lot actually). The ads - present or absent - didn't stand out to me in any way. In my mind, I got what I paid for - a 22 page comic book story about Marvel super-heroes as zombies. Personally, I don't buy comic books for the ads.

The ads really torque me too. I mean, if I wanted to really work out my right arm, I'd go to the gym, but there I am, reading a comic, flipping pages over and over and over. It's hell on the joints I tell you. And my left arm? Holding up a comic that weighs a good 33% more? It's a true feat of endurance to just hold it there while my right arm strains to flip yet another page.

893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif

I heard a rumor that you actually don't HAVE to buy comics. Not sure if that's true or not. But if I find proof, I'll let everyone know.

Pffft. When you find that proof, look just to the left of it and you'll probably find proof that the Earth is flat.

I heard a rumor that you actually don't HAVE to buy comics. Not sure if that's true or not. But if I find proof, I'll let everyone know.

Pffft. When you find that proof, look just to the left of it and you'll probably find proof that the Earth is flat.

The Earth's flat? I always knew that was the truth.

If we're wishing, then... I'd like all of my free gem mint comic books and graphic novels delivered directly to my house by supermodels and Playmates.

...who are also carrying free pizza and soda (or beer, if you prefer that). grin.gif

The ads really torque me too. I mean, if I wanted to really work out my right arm, I'd go to the gym, but there I am, reading a comic, flipping pages over and over and over. It's hell on the joints I tell you. And my left arm? Holding up a comic that weighs a good 33% more? It's a true feat of endurance to just hold it there while my right arm strains to flip yet another page.

893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif

too...manyh....jokes.... blush.gifwink.gif