• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vampirella Special Hardcover Edition Question
1 1

15 posts in this topic

To all of the magazine gurus here: 
Is the Vampirella Special Hardcover edition in Spanish only, or is there English versions also? I seem to remember someone posting theirs but can’t recall what language it was printed in. Any help is appreciated! :foryou:

On 3/8/2024 at 7:53 PM, OtherEric said:

I don't have it, but there is an English language hardcover.  Supposedly limited to 500 copies, I believe, and supposedly about half were so badly made they weren't sold.  Not positive it they sold 500 of an original 1000, or 250 of an original 500.

Thanks! Do you happen to know if the print runs were the same for the English and Spanish editions?

It was published in Spain(?) for Warren in English by Joseph Toutain via his publishing company Toutain-Editor.  This English edition was limited to 500 signed & numbered copies.  Many were damaged due to poor printing/manufacturing quality.  At the same time it was published in Spanish for European consumers.  Don't know what the print run was for that.

I have both the Warren, English and Spanish version.

Edited by chevalmeow
finish reply

On 3/8/2024 at 8:08 PM, chevalmeow said:

It was published in Spain(?) for Warren in English by Joseph Toutain via his publishing company Toutain-Editor.  This English edition was limited to 500 signed & numbered copies.  Many were damaged due to poor printing/manufacturing quality.  At the same time it was published in Spanish for European consumers.  Don't know what the print run was for that.

Thank you. I am currently looking at a Toutain Spanish edition but would prefer an English copy if possible.

Hardcover is out of my league, but my $41 softcover looks pretty good in a bag (just don't take it out to inspect the back cover).

SpecialEdition-VAMPIRELLASpecialF.thumb.jpg.579dc4f05a0813126b57297e0b21368b.jpg

SpecialEdition-VAMPIRELLASpecialB.thumb.jpg.223c8233620f6b20ce9af06c617fda9e.jpg

On 3/8/2024 at 8:08 PM, chevalmeow said:

I have both the Warren, English and Spanish version

Curious, are the contents the same in both with only the language difference?

On 3/8/2024 at 7:52 PM, Jayman said:

Curious, are the contents the same in both with only the language difference?

I did not read through all of the Spanish version but what I did see was exactly as the English version.  I believe that they ought to be exactly the same as my understanding is that they were printed at the same time.

In his book, "A Gathering Horror", David Horne lists the Spanish version as having 1500 copies.  He was not positive and stated that his information was derived from a back cover ad from a magazine which stated that the HC was limited to 1500.

Edited by chevalmeow
correct diction

On 3/25/2024 at 4:59 PM, piper said:

what stories are contained with the Special Edition?

Death's Dark Angel from Vampirella #12

The Lurker in the Deep from Vampirella #13

Isle of the Huntress from Vampirella #14

The Mummy's Revenge from Vampirella #38

The Mountain of Skulls from Vampirella #42