• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Comic Warehouse in Brooklyn is Closing
2 2

30 posts in this topic

That's a real shame. It was fun rummaging there every few months. That place is nuts. The reality is that he prices most stuff around market, but there are treasures hiding in there. I found a VG or so copy of this hidden in the dollar boxes once: shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQg6ETFlGRfcg1tCZ5WWlhCAXbmL-FELqeYArnmAwCNLm7rA1clcaiZtItj0fV10eBY1Zd823RBqsO0rw5kCFJtmQASwXu2Fe_bfTetMYpk24kMRbSnaMERLCGJ

On 3/11/2024 at 4:32 PM, shadroch said:

I believe Joe turns 75 this year. I wonder if he's figured out what he will do with his life?

He was present there every time I have popped in a couple of times a year, but yeah, does he want to eventually drop dead there?  It is an enormous space and even if in a weird location it seemed odd that he could pay the rent there and even employ a few people in the process.

I used to love ordering from him in the early 90s through his CBG ads where you can get multiples for stuff cheap.

I always loved that you could get three of a certain item for less than buying two at the regular price. 

On 3/11/2024 at 2:54 PM, Gatsby77 said:

I remember the print ads back in the day where he had a seemingly endless supply of Comico Primer # 2. 

Yeah, I remembered those but never got any cuz I thought that they must be uber common and unpopular. 

On 3/11/2024 at 11:15 AM, Robot Man said:

I have heard about this legendary place for years. But what a mess. How would anyone find anything in there? Where be the “good stuff”? Or is there any at all?

How would anyone ever clean this out? It sure doesn’t sound like he is giving away anything…

You get a tour when you go in (if you like), where they tell you were Indies are, graded comics are, TPBs are, etc...