• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have Paperbacks become the “next big thing”?
1 1

95 posts in this topic

On 3/16/2024 at 6:42 PM, Surfing Alien said:

20230921_184455.thumb.jpg.0b39ed9bd3dea25b274abde6b95c432f.jpg

Just FYI for my fellow board members. I can't afford them, but a bookseller I have bought from several times and can recommend highly has all four of these currently for sale on his website. He does take offers as well, but he might be pretty firm on these. I thought about buying them myself, but financially the timing is bad for me right now. I'd be really happy if one of my fellow board members was able to grab these. The Hobbit looks like it has a few condition issues (I'd probably pass on that one), but the Lord of the Rings trilogy looks pretty nice. Here are the links for anyone interested:

Lord of the Rings trilogy

The Hobbit

On 4/10/2024 at 8:39 PM, Hap Hazard said:

Finally had time to start opening some boxes. Have around 7 long boxes of paperbacks I  picked up in the last 25 years.  Here's some pics of the first two rows of one long box. Plan on doing some organizing in the next few weeks and maybe some sales threads, may copy Robot Man's example of selling paperbacks.

Problem is I have so many!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Unleash the Dogs of War :yeehaw:

On 4/10/2024 at 5:39 PM, Hap Hazard said:

Finally had time to start opening some boxes. Have around 7 long boxes of paperbacks I  picked up in the last 25 years.  Here's some pics of the first two rows of one long box. Plan on doing some organizing in the next few weeks and maybe some sales threads, may copy Robot Man's example of selling paperbacks.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Nice! I spy some real cool ones there. I have a sickness for those great Popular Library books with Belarski covers. Few could paint a terrified woman like ‘ole Rudolph.

Now might be a good time to run a sale Steve. I wouldn’t say they are “hot” but gaining a little steam. My current sale has done real well. If priced right, you will move a lot of the ones you decide not to keep. This is one area where a smart collector can put together a nice collection without breaking the bank.

Problem is, they just don’t turn up out “in the wild” likely used to so replacing them is a lot harder now.

Just be willing to put in a little work and you might be suprised…

On 4/10/2024 at 6:39 PM, Hap Hazard said:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Maybe I won't be on a 3-day work weekend this time:frustrated: