• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newton Ring is now Normal
1 1

8 posts in this topic

The only reason the fox tells you it is normal to steal and eat the farmer's chickens is because it is the fox telling you, not the farmer, not the chickens, and not the grocery store that wants to buy the chickens.

fwiw @pmjohnson06 I had several submissions come back in the middle of last year with Newton Rings, but haven't seen any since last fall, probably about  20 books since then - so I feel like it's been getting better in the last few months.

On 3/11/2024 at 2:27 AM, pmjohnson06 said:

I just want to ask if everyone is getting back slabs with newton rings.  It seems like every slab I get these days looks awful.  Why does CGC allow this?

When for all realistic intents and purposes a company has a virtual monopoly they simply do whatever they want whenever they want and customer/client be damned. 

The only way to change that is if enough decide to not utilize a company's goods or services.  Sadly that does not appear even close to occurring.

Edited by MAR1979

With employees making their own labels for books they stole from the premises and Zanello and his ilk sneaking books through the system, CGC has shown us how minor an issue their Newton ring technology is.

Since a Newton ring isn't a physical thing--it's just an optical effect--maybe they should have called them "Schroedinger's Rings"; they're only there when you look at them.