• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM 3 (Coupon Clipped)
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Hi all, looking for input here. I think the book is in the VG/FN range, but it has a coupon clipped. That coupon affects the pin-up. As is, the book is tight and intact, but for the clipping.

My question is, with this being a mid-grade book, would we be looking at a mid grade (qualified), a lower grade, a mid grade simply with a notation. So, please help me grade my ASM 3. Thanks! - Trent

ASM3Front.jpg

ASM3Back.jpg

Got a pic of the clipped coupon?

It's size and whether or not it affects the story may determine it's grade. It's not necessarily an automatic 0.5.

The book too appears more low than mid-grade. 3.5-4.0 range so it may not qualify for the Qualified label.

An interior coupon is clipped from a two-sided leaf rather than a page.  Hence, it'll affect both the pin-up page and whatever is on the other side of the pin-up page (probably an ad).  CGC would normally deem such books to be INCOMPLETE.  With an "otherwise" grade of 3.5, I doubt the book will receive a Qualified grade.  However, it may receive a Universal grade as high as 1.0 and 1.5.  :foryou:

PG-10c1.thumb.jpg.51b49022fd30156300eedacc5dd13138.jpg PG-15c1.thumb.jpg.950429b55ccfa50c5b107bfb638ddd91.jpg

A pin-up counts as a story page, so unless it's a really tiny coupon (smaller than 2×2) you're almost guaranteed to be SOL on getting a qualified grade. Makes me wonder if the clipped MVS only get the Q grade b/c they are so small as it's technically also part of the comic content (not an ad)