• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Point Five's 5th Annual Grading Contest: ROUND 2 RESULTS

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Round 2 Grade Distributions:

Book 4: Startling Comics #45: CGC 3.5

Book 5: Battlefront #15: CGC 2.5

Book 6: Journey into Fear #20: CGC 5.0

ScreenShot2024-03-11at9_42_52PM.png.905fade4a50b8de5e4432618dcdde9d4.png

Edited by Point Five

Another ultra-cool slate of books!  (thumbsu  (thumbsu  The Board scored 29 bulls-eyes in Round 2 round (26% of all grades submitted, compared to 30% in Round 1).  Here are a few other notable observations based on the data Jon reported above:

• Book #4 (Startling #45):  A challenging book for the Board as a whole, with only 22% of the contestants at the same grade as CGC.  Collectively, the Board was about one and one-half grade increments more critical than CGC (2.8 vs 3.5).  :facepalm:
  • Book #5 (Battlefront #15):  The most challenging book for the Board as a whole, with only 11% of the contestants at the same grade as CGC.  Collectively, the Board was nearly three grade increments more lenient than CGC (3.9 vs 2.5).  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:
  • Book #6 (Journey Into Fear #20):  The easiest book for the Board as a whole, with 46% of the contestants at the same grade as CGC.  Collectively, the Board was essentially identical to CGC (4.9 vs 5.0).  (worship)

Wipeout-3.jpg.c62a0e6a759f24b94c390c8becef7ac2.jpg

Good round for me, ALL SKILL :kidaround:

Almost went 3.5 instead of 3 on the Startling, got held back by the corner piece, big staple tear and mainly the back cover.  Who cares about a back cover anyways - 3.5 ain't ridiculous considering the overall appeal.

Hit the bullseye on the Battlefront going hard on the spine split and whatever that funky big tear is by the staple per the grading criteria I was looking at.  Who cares about the overall beauty of the book, eh? lol

Wandered off from the wiser crowd again on the Journey into fear and went all the way up to 5.5, a little too high - 5 seems right.

On 3/12/2024 at 2:58 PM, frozentundraguy said:

I was so sure I had this round nailed. Turns out I bit off more than I could handle.

giphy.gif

I hit 'xD' on this post but, having tried ice climbing exactly once, I think :eek: is more appropriate. So... I swing this ice tool hard enough to dig in far enough to support my body weight, but not so hard that I ride the bottom part of this icicle downwards at 9.8 m/s^2... got it.

Edited by AJD