• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submission Question for Signature Series
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Hi.  First time submitting.  I am sending in a book for the Wolverine Signing event coming up.  I am hoping to get signatures from Claremont and Miller.  I see there is an option for a duo signature.  However, if I wanted Claremont’s Inscription and Miller’s Remarque along with the signatures, is that possible on the same comic at the same event?  If possible, do I need to pay the grading and pressing fees twice?  It only allows one choice at a time based on what I am seeing.  Any guidance would be appreciated.  

Generally, if you don’t see the option, then it’s not an option.

but probably no Harm in contacting cgc customer service and asking your specific questions 

also there’s a specific cgc signature series email if you dig around on cgc website you’ll find it

Thanks.  I did speak with customer service at CGC.  You are correct.  They said I cannot combine signing options and have to pick one.  I can get both signatures, but if I want an inscription or a remarque, they need to be done separately.  So I would need to choose Claremont signature with Inscription.  When I get it back from CGC 6-8 weeks later, I would need to resend it in for a Miller signature with Remarque.  That makes sense if they were separate signing events.  Since they are at the same signing event, I was hoping to get it all at once to have less risk of handling and re-cracking multiple times.  Rookie mistake by me I guess.

On 3/13/2024 at 7:36 PM, BaconPhat said:

Do you happen to know if they will be only signing Wolverine? 

Generally they will sign pretty much anything.

On 3/14/2024 at 3:30 AM, BaconPhat said:

Awesome! I have a Frank Miller Batman I’m looking to get signed! Thanks for the feedback Doug

Very generally, any restrictions with respect to a signing are made within the announcement of the signing, especially if what THEY WON'T SIGN is one of their more famous works (Alan Moore comes to mind about what he won't sign, and Rob Liefeld comes mind about what prices he signs for with regards to specific books).

At worst, you can always contact the CGC SS event facilitator (in many [but not all] cases its actually CGC) or the signer or their agent about restrictions if you're unsure or just to confirm.

Thanks for the reply I have seen some people with restrictions while doing some research. The wolverine signing doesn’t appear to have any such restrictions posted but with it being specifically called a Wolverine signing I didn’t want to waste time or money sending in a Batman book that won’t get signed! This is my first time sending a book in for submission. Kind of getting anxious about the whole thing lol