• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Comic Art Insurance/ Protection
2 2

2 posts in this topic

I had a house fire. Everyone got out safe and only the upstairs was badly damaged. Most of my original art made it through unscathed.

Luckily, the place where I work just purchased me a new flat bed scanner (13 x 20) and I was in the process of re-scanning all of my pages. 

I want to make sure I have it all insured and am slowly getting some information on the subject. Anyone have any good references? 

What do you use to protect your artwork or have for insurance. I know that Heritage does an appraisal service. Anyone else?

On 3/15/2024 at 12:14 PM, Nate Hartz said:

I know that Heritage does an appraisal service. Anyone else?

All of the auction houses will give you appraisals. You can read more in the hidden text of the first post of the Pricing Comic Art - 2023 Edition thread. Search for appraisals, you will find links advertising that service from Heriage, Hake's, and ComicConnect. It also has a link to the auction sites monitored by @NicoV's wonderful ComicArtTracker website. It's the best list of such sites on the web.