• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question on history of a CGC cert number

4 posts in this topic

Hi CGC,

I have seen a Marvel Spotlight #5 in a CGC slab (cert #1258948016) graded 8.5 off white to white pages. However, the cert number returns "This item cannot be found. Please check that the CGC certification number was entered correctly." when entered into the CGC cert verification tool.

Can you let me know if this cert was ever associated with this issue and when it was removed and why? The label appears genuine and the book does seem overgraded but not by more than the margin of "subjectivity" I have seen in some for sure unaltered CGC slabs. So I am wondering if this is another example of an altered slab or if there are other reasons why this cert number no longer shows in the CGC cert verification database?

Any help appreciated, I can likely see this book again this coming week,

Sincerely,

Bruce

MarvelSpotlight5 8.5 cert number not coming up.jpg

• Administrator

Hello @QuasarComics,

Thanks for contacting us! This is a glitch in our system. Our IT team is working to correct this error currently. This error affects several certification numbers on our census. I will be making a post at the top of the boards shortly for customers to report these certification numbers as well so we can get a record of all the numbers affected. Thanks for your patience.