• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Three Body Problem on Netflix - Is there really no thread for this?
2 2

37 posts in this topic

Up to the sixth episode so far.

The first episode didn't grab my interest 100% as it felt like a new version of Lost or Heroes or Wayward Pines. But once you proceed on that's when it started grabbing my full attention.

On 3/28/2024 at 8:29 AM, Bosco685 said:

Up to the sixth episode so far.

The first episode didn't grab my interest 100% as it felt like a new version of Lost or Heroes or Wayward Pines. But once you proceed on that's when it started grabbing my full attention.

What did you think of the

Spoiler

IMG_3221.webp.8e0303a903f86212525e8af1f06c98b5.webp

On 3/28/2024 at 9:12 AM, Jayman said:

What did you think of the

Hide contents

IMG_3221.webp.8e0303a903f86212525e8af1f06c98b5.webp

Man that part of the show was intense.

Spoiler

Talk about the reality of modern technology used as a tactical weapon. And the end results with body parts laying all over the place. 'Impactful' is putting it lightly.

I didn't realize the Game of Thrones show creators were behind this show.

‘Has the universe ever winked at you?’

This question is at the heart of Three Body Problem, the highly-anticipated new series from Game of Thrones creators David Benioff and D. B. Weiss, a mind-bending, time jumping, sci-fi epic based on the hit book by Cxin Liu.

Speaking to Metro.co.uk, two of the series’ leads, Jess Hong – who plays Jin, a brilliant theoretical physicist – and Zine Tseng – who plays Ye Wenjie, an astrophysicist conscripted by the Chinese military – explain how learning about that science made the existence of extraterrestrial life seem undeniable.

Hong says, ‘I just think about it in more detail now, I have more thought experiments about what would happen if– but I think I’ve always thought there must be life outside.’

The pair agree that while they always believed in the possibility of beings on other planets, acting in the show made it all seem very real.

‘Our human brains are so limited right?,’ Tseng adds.

Have not read the book. Streamed up to episode 3 of '3-Body Problem' English version so far. Good special FX, historical science concepts, and character development so far. Central character is different from Chinese professor from the earlier 30 episode Chinese adaptation.

On 4/7/2024 at 4:59 AM, habsfan1 said:

Didn’t know anything going in.  Hoping the last episode is decent.

fyi, the original Chinese 30 episode version of '3-body Problem' is being broadcast as a TV marathon Sat. April 20, 2024 from PBS in Seattle, WA. English sub-titles.

I just finished the Netflix version and thought it was pretty entertaining, despite the many changes from the books...looking forward to season 2 (assuming there is a season 2).

My wife who never read the books or watched the Chinese version also liked it, for what that's worth.

On 4/22/2024 at 1:42 AM, silverseeker said:

I just finished the Netflix version and thought it was pretty entertaining, despite the many changes from the books...looking forward to season 2 (assuming there is a season 2).

My wife who never read the books or watched the Chinese version also liked it, for what that's worth.

It's worth sharing that someone else in your household appreciated this too.

:cheers:

And she didn't kick you out for bad taste (which she didn't - so you are in good company!)

Edited by Bosco685

Maybe it is lost in translation, I thought it was ok, I will watch season 2, but some of it felt sort of unsophisticated for a sci fi show that was this hyped. That whole scene with the thread that could cut anything, what was the point of that? Just to have some horrific bloody scene?