• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Read any "new" comic books lately?
1 1

12 posts in this topic

I don't mean "new" as in a fresh Wednesday release. I mean a book that isn't new, but is "new" for you, a first-time read. I bought this issue of 1st Issue Special a few weeks ago from a local comic shop and gave it a read. It's a Kirby book, with a group of misfit, or I guess, dingbat heroes that never really took off. I mean, I never knew about them before I found this book. Anyhow, it wasn't amazing, but I still enjoyed it. They're definitely a fun group and it would've been cool if Kirby's origin of "why they don't trust adults" had been released. How about you? Read any "new" books lately?

IMG_20240317_212044101.jpg

In the beginning of January I read through the 30ish issues of "the Incredible Hercules" run from 2008 IIRC. It was a pretty fun read with some nice humor, action, mythology, and Koi Pham and Clayton Henry had some really good art in the beginning of the series. I would actually recommend this for anyone that likes Hercules or Amadeus Cho.

image.thumb.png.a5f9a1f153604ea97aa076a36d773b7a.png

On 3/19/2024 at 12:19 AM, BuraddoRun said:

I don't mean "new" as in a fresh Wednesday release. I mean a book that isn't new, but is "new" for you, a first-time read. I bought this issue of 1st Issue Special a few weeks ago from a local comic shop and gave it a read. It's a Kirby book, with a group of misfit, or I guess, dingbat heroes that never really took off. I mean, I never knew about them before I found this book. Anyhow, it wasn't amazing, but I still enjoyed it. They're definitely a fun group and it would've been cool if Kirby's origin of "why they don't trust adults" had been released. How about you? Read any "new" books lately?

IMG_20240317_212044101.jpg

A good place to find stuff people have been reading is this thread:

In regards to the book you read, I recently read an actual "new" series that references those characters - and more from that time frame - called Danger Street. I rather enjoyed it.

I stopped reading new comic books about four years ago. I am trying to catch up on Spiderman now using Marvel Unlimited.  I never thought I would like it in digital format, but the option to have it zoom in each frame shows art details I would miss otherwise.  As much as I love Spidey, I have not enjoyed what I have read up to this point though and I remember why I stopped last time. :( 

On 3/19/2024 at 3:13 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Loads of stuff there fits in here.

Aw, man, beat me to it! (I had a notification while I was typing in mine...)

On 3/19/2024 at 7:18 PM, ttfitz said:

Aw, man, beat me to it! (I had a notification while I was typing in mine...)

Just a lot easier to reference that rather than go back through it and pick out the ones that were completely new to me. Sure it’s the same for many of the other participants.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 3/19/2024 at 7:20 PM, shadroch said:

Reading Forever Evil, a 2013 series where the evil Justice League from Earth whatever comes to our earth and conquers all. 

That was a good one by Geoff Johns, with the Crime Syndicate trapping the Justice League in the Firestorm Matrix.

Far better than Trinity War, which preceded it.

Edited by Ken Aldred