• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alien: Romulus
6 6

83 posts in this topic

On 8/16/2024 at 1:53 AM, Buzzetta said:

Alien: Romulus is to the Aliens 1 and 2 like Rogue One was to Episode IV: A New Hope.   

That sounds kind of like a best case scenario. 

When I heard it was set "between" the events of the first two Alien films, my immediate reaction was "well, that pretty much guarantees it's meaningless...."  Maybe it could be a decent "stand alone" flick - mostly aping the 1st Alien from the look of it - but couldn't actually do anything new or different. 

Since then I've imagined ways they could integrate this story with the other films that might be cool.  Now you are getting my hopes up!

On 8/16/2024 at 8:47 AM, Axelrod said:

That sounds kind of like a best case scenario. 

When I heard it was set "between" the events of the first two Alien films, my immediate reaction was "well, that pretty much guarantees it's meaningless...."  Maybe it could be a decent "stand alone" flick - mostly aping the 1st Alien from the look of it - but couldn't actually do anything new or different. 

Since then I've imagined ways they could integrate this story with the other films that might be cool.  Now you are getting my hopes up!

It doesn’t lead into Aliens but it definitely is caused by the events in Alien. 

On 8/16/2024 at 9:18 AM, Buzzetta said:

It doesn’t lead into Aliens but it definitely is caused by the events in Alien. 

I've been trying to avoid any spoilers about the movie.  But, I think they gave this away in the trailers.  Here's what I think...

Spoiler

They find the "Big Chap" from Alien floating in space

Am I right?   

On 8/16/2024 at 1:47 PM, chrisco37 said:

I've been trying to avoid any spoilers about the movie.  But, I think they gave this away in the trailers.  Here's what I think...

Hide contents

Am I right?   

Do you want me to spoil it?

Spoiler

It isn't a protagonist, or not the main character,

On 8/16/2024 at 2:47 PM, chrisco37 said:

Hide contents

Am I right?   

Spoiler

The opening scene shows a science team recovering wreckage from the Nostromo and they recover what they believe to be a the fossilized remains of that Alien.  They cut the fossil open and then it fades to black to bring us to our story. 

On 8/16/2024 at 2:02 PM, Buzzetta said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The opening scene shows a science team recovering wreckage from the Nostromo and they recover what they believe to be a the fossilized remains of that Alien.  They cut the fossil open and then it fades to black to bring us to our story. 

which brings me to why I responded impatiently because it made me question, don't read this spoiler because it is more spoiler than questions asked so far...

Spoiler

So presumably it reignites after being sliced open, and that is it in the station dead caught in wires when it pans up? So the opening in the ceiling caused it to die again? but not totally sucked out in space? Then the end protagonist is able to survive in space? When trying to break through the helmet on the chain?