• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Magazine Listed in Category REJECTED
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Does anyone know why a magazine would be listed as rejected in the system?  It was received a week ago and was making it through the system until the update today.  It is France Penthouse Magazine 07/1989 Jessica Rabbit Cover - Submission #4399714.  It has a cartoon of JR topless. I have seen what CGC will grade so I doubt it could fall in the explicit category and it was fully intact so I am confused? If it is explicit, how do they explain grading Playboy and Overtly Sexual Comics like Penthouse Comix all day long but this gets the boot? Any info would be good. Thanks.

• Administrator

Hello @AJI3,

I found a copy of this book for sale on eBay. From the image, this would not have been rejected for the explicit image. That said, we have not graded any penthouse magazines previously. You can review this HERE. This is likely due to the size of the book instead of the images. There should be a note of this with the submission when it is returned with more insight. I am sorry for the confusion this has caused. As a reminder, we can only grade magazines that fit within the following dimensions: 11-1/2" tall x 8-7/8" wide x 1/2" thick. Because this was rejected for this reason, I have processed a refund to your card for this grading fee. 

I am sorry for the confusion this has caused. 

Hi. So your answer is wrong. This came back as Explicit, not rejected for size???  How do I resubmit because you said it would not violate the explicit reason. Thanks