• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exceptional major SA keys in the current Heritage Auction
4 4

77 posts in this topic

I never bid on any HA because of the outlandish fees that get you coming and going but I did see the Action 1 blurb somewhere and it led me down the rabbit hole of these amazing SA examples.  

Note that soon we'll see mainstream media pick up on the "(insert hyperbolic adjective) amount of money that the first appearance of Superman sold for" articles followed by "tips" on how to look through comics in your attic and find their value, followed by increased waves of drek offered by everyone who thinks they have a fortune and can retire.  Still:  "There’s only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."

On 3/23/2024 at 7:17 AM, namisgr said:

Yes, there's the Kansas City blue label 8.5 copy of Action #1 that's now sitting at over $5 million.  But there's some seldom seen and never-before seen SA keys, too, including top census copies of Tales of Suspense #39 in 9.8 (1 of 1), Daredevil #1 in 9.8, Justice League #1 in 9.6 (1 of 2), Avengers #1 in 9.6, and Strange Tales #110 in 9.6.

Even if I were still collecting Silver, these books would be way, way beyond my reach.  But it's really enjoyable to peruse some of the scans and marvel at these copies.

image.thumb.png.50656d2309b5f87ad316902e9e655552.png   image.thumb.png.f3ab3fabfdf577aededdd3b40e0d2a38.png

Someone kept that so nice all the years i read mine to death 

Yeah. There are some absolutely amazing items in this Heritage auction. I wonder if Metropolis has the high bid on the Action #1 8.5. I believe they own the two 9.0s that sold not too long ago. This will be a fun one to watch. I'm hoping to win something good under the radar with all the money being spent on the top shelf books. 

On 3/23/2024 at 6:52 PM, Aman619 said:

who owns the 9.0s?  Metropolis?  wow!

Didn't they initially buy it for that billionaire collector? Did they buy it back from him? 

Edited by Silver Surfer

On 3/24/2024 at 6:14 AM, Silver Surfer said:
On 3/24/2024 at 1:52 AM, Aman619 said:

who owns the 9.0s?  Metropolis?  wow!

Didn't they initially buy it for Hariri? Did they buy it back from him? 

:popcorn:

Posted (edited)

The Tales of Suspense is currently at $576,000 with 11 days left of internet bidding and a live auction to come.  Next at the moment is the DD #1 currently at a little over $250,000.

Edited by namisgr

On 3/24/2024 at 9:11 AM, tth2 said:

Sort of makes you wonder how real the Action #1 market really is.

Hyping up record sales seems to be a standard playback by most dealers. Gets them more exposure and clientele,  pumps up prices. How about the Promise market, where did all those aggressive under bidders go? (Eye roll) 

On 3/24/2024 at 9:34 AM, Silver Surfer said:

Hyping up record sales seems to be a standard playback by most dealers. Gets them more exposure and clientele,  pumps up prices. How about the Promise market, where did all those aggressive under bidders go? (Eye roll) 

9.8 TOS is not hype...its for real....amazing book along with DD1

On 3/24/2024 at 12:30 PM, namisgr said:

The Tales of Suspense is currently at $576,000 with 11 days left of internet bidding and a live auction to come.

It's got a LOOOONG way to go to turn a profit or break even!

Sold privately on ComicLink back in September for $2mm:

https://www.comiclink.com/service_text.asp?3673