• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM: New Mutants 98 News Stand
2 2

7 posts in this topic

Tiny bit of color loss near FC UR. What look like small creases or surface scuffs, breaking color, at FC LR. Creases, breaking color, at BC UL and BC LL.

The picture of the first interior page makes me believe that the entire LR corner of the book has a slight bend. That might be lighting, but I don't think it is. If the book is pressed before grading, that won't be an issue (but pressing can't fix the corner color breaks). I'm also trying to decide whether, based on the first pic, there's a "reader's bend" (like a less severe, non-color-breaking reader's crease) vertically along the left of the front cover. If that's not just a trick of the light, it would certainly press out (again, if this is going that way).

I don't think this is getting a 9.0. I'd say 8.0 / 8.5, depending in part on whether those bends are real or tricks of the light.

Probably a 7.0, as is.Maybe even a 6.5.

But an 8.0/8.5 is pressed.

The top RC and bottom RC of the FC looks like impact bends , some break color, some dont. i....but I see full book bending in both of those areas.

You'll get hammered for that.

Stacking curl along the spin is also pressable, but not nearly as big of a limiting defect at the exterior  cormer impact bends.

It sounds like you just subbed it.

I'd call CGC and ask them to pull it for pressing at CCS, unless you don;t care if you get a 6.5're just subbing it for sentimental reasons.