• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any facilitators for Dallas Comic Con?
1 1

17 posts in this topic

ya it still surprises me that CGC hasn't added this event...

@CGC Mike is it pretty much out of reach for cgc to attend this late in the game? Fan Expo Dallas I presume...

• Administrator
On 4/2/2024 at 1:42 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

ya it still surprises me that CGC hasn't added this event...

@CGC Mike is it pretty much out of reach for cgc to attend this late in the game? Fan Expo Dallas I presume...

I am not involved with the events.  Generally, they are planned several months ahead of time.  However, you can check out our events page to see which ones we are covering.

https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/events/

On 4/2/2024 at 12:48 PM, CGC Mike said:

I am not involved with the events.  Generally, they are planned several months ahead of time.  However, you can check out our events page to see which ones we are covering.

https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/events/

ya that is why I noticed it wasn't there lol but short of calling to no avail, I thought I'd ask here, but thanks :) 

On 4/11/2024 at 12:47 PM, MultiSig Mike said:

Also interested in knowing who can facilitate.

On 4/2/2024 at 11:13 AM, TSwift25 said:

Looking for a few signatures for creators who don't make regular appearances (like Murphy). Thanks in advance for all replies!

And anyone else I missed, they checked back with the list of facilitators. This is for Fan Expo Dallas in June 2024. @TSwift25 @MultiSig Mike

I know comicsketchart.com has a website, or I've used them before. They make good on "mistakes" within reason.

Best of luck!

Screenshot_20240418-094526.png

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 4/18/2024 at 9:49 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

And anyone else I missed, they checked back with the list of facilitators. This is for Fan Expo Dallas in June 2024. @TSwift25 @MultiSig Mike

I know comicsketchart.com has a website, or I've used them before. They make good on "mistakes" within reason.

Best of luck!

I have had dealings with all of the ones listed except ComicTraders, and have had good experiences with them all. 

On 4/18/2024 at 9:49 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Best of luck!

On 5/26/2024 at 8:23 PM, Mike Hampton said:

Does this mean CGC will be there for signature verification? Sorry, I'm fairly new to this.

Not cgc specifically but cgc facilitators that are authorized to witness signature and sketches etc @Mike Hampton I quoted the post with the list of those facilitators, and I suggest googling their websites. Also @Monster's Lair Comics might be able to help as I believe they're working with some of those people.

On 5/26/2024 at 8:39 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Not cgc specifically but cgc facilitators that are authorized to witness signature and sketches etc @Mike Hampton I quoted the post with the list of those facilitators, and I suggest googling their websites. Also @Monster's Lair Comics might be able to help as I believe they're working with some of those people.

Thank you so much!

Not sure who to ask this question to but maybe you have some insight on the subject. I have a CGC yellow label stabbed comic that I want to get more signatures on. How do I go about getting it cracked open? Or will there be someone there to do it for me?

Posted (edited)
On 5/26/2024 at 8:56 PM, Mike Hampton said:

Thank you so much!

Not sure who to ask this question to but maybe you have some insight on the subject. I have a CGC yellow label stabbed comic that I want to get more signatures on. How do I go about getting it cracked open? Or will there be someone there to do it for me?

I believe and in my experience facilitators can crack and and have too, to retain yellow label for all sigs.

In short, DON'T CRACK IT YOURSELF!

A facilitator will charge a small fee to keep up with the details, crack it, witness the new obtained signature and submit all that info to cgc for you. I think the slab crack fee in the past was a simple $5, then usually the fee the artist charges for their sig, and the facilitator in the past would tack on an extra $10 or $15 for the witness fee, then there is the cgc submission fees.

The technical fees should be the same, the price of those fees may vary. With cgc there, is the last time I did it, it was the same process but last year, just saying I haven't used a facilitator in a while. The process is essentially the same, just the price of the technical fees may be set apart under thei accounting preferences. :)

That should give you enough info to ask these facilitator questions. I'd Google them and email questions early to know where to meet them at the con, they're usually pretty straightforward and are used to those who are new.  @Mike Hampton edit to clean up the autocorrect!

I hope this helps!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 5/26/2024 at 9:17 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I believe and in my experience facilitators can crack and and have too, to retain yellow label for all sigs.

In short, DON'T CRACK IT YOURSELF!

A facilitator will charge a small fee to keep up with the details, crack it, witness the new obtained signature and submit all that info to cgc for you. I think the slab crack fee in the past was a simple $5, then usually the fee the artist charges for their sig, and the facilitator in the past would tack on an extra $10 or $15 for the witness fee, then there is the cgc submission fees.

The technical fees should be the same, the price of those fees may vary. With cgc there, is the last time I did it, it was the same process but last year, just saying I haven't used a facilitator in a while. The process is essentially the same, just the price of the technical fees may be set apart under thei accounting preferences. :)

That should give you enough info to ask these facilitator questions. I'd Google them and email questions early to know where to meet them at the con, they're usually pretty straightforward and are used to those who are new.  @Mike Hampton edit to clean up the autocorrect!

I hope this helps!

That's helps a ton! Thank you for the info!

I edited a but for correct Grammer or such, but facilitators have to be the ones to crack yellow label slabs. As authorized facilitators cgc honors them as contractors to witness and otherwise validate the process. Endowed with the authority to keep the info pas present and future to crack and add sigs. No non witness can crack and retain a yellow label, that is what a witness facilitator gets their employment from lol so let them do it. :)

On 5/26/2024 at 9:25 PM, Mike Hampton said:

That's helps a ton! Thank you for the info!

The Agents of Slabs will be on-site at Fan Expo Dallas. We are full service CGC facilitators. We can help with your CGC Signature Series needs. We can crack slabs and they will retain the Signature  Series label if other sigs are added. You will be able to find us located close to the Scott's Collectables area near where their creators are. Please feel free to email us at agentsofslabs@gmail.com. Glad to help in anyway we can and to answer any questions.

On 5/31/2024 at 4:37 PM, Agents Of Slabs said:

The Agents of Slabs will be on-site at Fan Expo Dallas. We are full service CGC facilitators. We can help with your CGC Signature Series needs. We can crack slabs and they will retain the Signature  Series label if other sigs are added. You will be able to find us located close to the Scott's Collectables area near where their creators are. Please feel free to email us at agentsofslabs@gmail.com. Glad to help in anyway we can and to answer any questions.

@Mike Hampton @TSwift25 @MultiSig Mike

Here is another facilitator popping up, in case y'all weren't situated. I'll try to start a comic con thread first day of the con in a week. I hope y'all are interested in sharing pics and other frivolity! Hope you enjoy!