• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

London UK Comic/Toy Stores
1 1

22 posts in this topic

On 4/4/2024 at 4:46 PM, HighRadArt said:

If you visit any of these post post it here so I can link it in the thread for LCSs.

Will do!

On an unrelated-to-comics note, if anyone has any suggestions on places to eat or things to do, feel free to PM me :bigsmile:

Welp, been back for a few weeks, but it's been a bit busy, so just now getting around to an update. Sorry! (Not that anyone was waiting with bated breath or anything :bigsmile:.)

First, thanks to everyone for the suggestions! I hit up everywhere I planned to and found a couple nice spots I didn't expect (and sadly, didn't get pictures of either...).

Anyway, managed to stop at Mega City Comics, Gosh! Comics, Notting Hill Comic Exchange, and Forbidden Planet (the last one mainly just go there again, even though it was everything I remembered/expected and just like the NYC location).

GoshComics.thumb.jpg.aa61f542672d8d5394a7a8becbfc38c5.jpgMegaCityComics.thumb.jpeg.19c62b4f19bb4a3fe90591eb29a82df9.jpegNottingHillComicExchange.thumb.jpg.6df6eb9e2eb0a454d2fa0c732f1235ca.jpg

I also lucked out in a couple other spots.

First, right next to Notting Hill Comic Exchange is a used bookstore which had a pretty decent comic selection as well (maybe like 16 shortboxes?).

Second, at Camden Market Hawley Wharf, I found a little shop called Comics & Cake which had a good selection of book (and baked goods!).

And lastly, at Portobello Road Market on Saturday, I found both a vinyl shop that had a small selection of books (mostly 00s and newer) as well as a vendor table with a toy seller set up that had a nice collection of Eaglemoss figures in boxes (speaking with him, he said he had a full set with the mags, these were just extras without mags). Nice guy, but sadly, I think trying to get any more of those shipped from there to the US would kill any kind of price savings...

I had two personal goals trying to hit stores while in London. (1) Get a pence variant, preferably X-Men, as a local foreign variant for my trip, and (2) try to find any Captain Britain books I could, hopefully cheaper than they tend to be when I see them turn up here. Sadly, I only accomplished one of those goals...talking to the guy working the front at Mega City Comics, he told me that Captain Britains rarely turn up, because owners tend to just hold on to them, and I can believe it. I only saw one copy anywhere, and it was at the used bookstore next to Notting Hill Comic Exchange and had a giant gash out of the front cover.

Still, picked up some things, including a pence version of my favorite X-Men cover, and the Eaglemoss figures ended up being a nice bonus/consolation prize for not finding any Captain Britains!

UXMPence.thumb.jpg.4814cad2fb1d5f2f9d01fc719b4a5dde.jpgComic1.thumb.jpg.cf9c84cc92e7ea453e75f8967c533693.jpgX-MenDigests.thumb.jpg.f5ebdb221bee5e5adadc40312dc90cbd.jpgEaglemoss.thumb.jpg.a021005c777e13c7e214387536009707.jpgEaglemossMagazine.thumb.jpg.a804e42f4345263ee0a4e188addfe6a5.jpg