• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Southern Indiana Comic Book Show June 8th 2024

33 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Does this stuff not occur at other shows? When you are at a show with 17/19 dealers you are going to find good comics. Or do dealers not talk about it? Several of my dealers are actively buying during the show before and after. 

Edited by fastballspecial

On 6/10/2024 at 5:47 PM, fastballspecial said:

Does this stuff not occur at other shows? When you are at a show with 17/19 dealers you are going to find good comics. Or do dealers not talk about it? Several of my dealers are actively buying during the show before and after. 

Yes.  And it pays to look for new sellers.  Guys selling their collections or who aren't experienced at selling.

On 6/10/2024 at 8:07 PM, fastballspecial said:

I know 2 Brothers next to you did well they were thrilled I bought pizza for lunch lol.

my daughter was also (thumbsu

On 6/10/2024 at 6:45 PM, fastballspecial said:

He had it all. Early silver, bronze and moderns. His rack was full of mid grade Silver and early Bronze, but his boxes were late 70s Marvel/DC to early 90s. It was a great mix for me as I only buy later 70s bronze and up.

dang :ohnoez: I guess I should have left my booth but my daughter panics when I do that lol

On 6/10/2024 at 7:47 PM, fastballspecial said:

The pre show buying has almost completely stopped at the last few local shows in the Cleveland area.  There are probably 20 - 25 dealers at most shows but almost all are the same guys at every show so there isn't much need do box diving any longer.  Occasionally there is a new guy at a show but they are getting more and more rare.

On 6/11/2024 at 7:53 AM, 1Cool said:

The pre show buying has almost completely stopped at the last few local shows in the Cleveland area.  There are probably 20 - 25 dealers at most shows but almost all are the same guys at every show so there isn't much need do box diving any longer.  Occasionally there is a new guy at a show but they are getting more and more rare.

That's odd. For one reason or another replace about 3 to 5 dealers a show. My dealer list so far has far exceeded 
my amount of dealers I can use without causing money loss to other dealers at the show. I will  get one or two a show
that don't come back because they think many times they just lay out the cheese and the mice gobble it up. Its not
quite that easy as many find out. 

On 6/11/2024 at 2:49 PM, fastballspecial said:

That's odd. For one reason or another replace about 3 to 5 dealers a show. My dealer list so far has far exceeded 
my amount of dealers I can use without causing money loss to other dealers at the show. I will  get one or two a show
that don't come back because they think many times they just lay out the cheese and the mice gobble it up. Its not
quite that easy as many find out. 

We did have a bit of turn over the last 12 months with a few people either passing away or quitting selling but they were quickly replaced with some dealers from Michigan.  Not sure if there just isn't any newbie sellers in my area or if there are so many full time dealers that there never is any free booths available when people ask.  I'm hoping to avoid the Harper shows for a bit and check out some of the other smaller shows this year to see if that is where the smaller guys are going to. If your show was in northern Indiana I'd definitely come take a look if it was during a free weekend. 

On 6/11/2024 at 1:53 PM, 1Cool said:

We did have a bit of turn over the last 12 months with a few people either passing away or quitting selling but they were quickly replaced with some dealers from Michigan.  Not sure if there just isn't any newbie sellers in my area or if there are so many full time dealers that there never is any free booths available when people ask.  I'm hoping to avoid the Harper shows for a bit and check out some of the other smaller shows this year to see if that is where the smaller guys are going to. If your show was in northern Indiana I'd definitely come take a look if it was during a free weekend. 

I will start to see that soon as dealers regardless of if they made money will continue to do the show. I will eventually have the same problem you are talking about above, but that's just part of it I guess. I really don't know away that issue until you start kicking out dealers and I am not about to do that. All just grow instead.

I've got a few buyers coming from 3 hours away because they want a comic book show, but you are like probably 8 hours away at best. I told a dealer from South of Chicago same thing awhile back. By the time you factor in time/drive, hotel, and load in and load out you might still make good money, but its just too far.