• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Southern Indiana Comic Book Show June 8th 2024

33 posts in this topic

Our 7th show I think in current location. 20 Dealers from 4 states in attendance. Free Admission and Parking.
Large indoor mall with plenty of space to walk around. You will spend hours here if you like comics. Also a nice
local pizza place in the mall if you want lunch. Everything from Golden Age to Current moderns will be at the show. 
I built this show because I was tired of going to Cons and not have very many comic book dealers and paying to get
in to find out. If you live close by to Evansville, IN you will not be disappointed. 

Facebook link below to join group. 
Southern Indiana Comic Book Show | Facebook

image.thumb.jpeg.377db1b347681f9f010f021c07100a1a.jpeg

Edited by fastballspecial

On 4/3/2024 at 6:55 PM, fastballspecial said:

Our 7th show I think in current location. 20 Dealers from 4 states in attendance. Free Admission and Parking.
Large indoor mall with plenty of space to walk around. You will spend hours here if you like comics. Also a nice
local pizza place in the mall if you want lunch. Everything from Golden Age to Current moderns will be at the show. 
I built this show because I was tired of going to Cons and not have very many comic book dealers and paying to get
in to find out. If you live close by to Evansville, IN you will not be disappointed. 

Facebook link below to join group. 
Southern Indiana Comic Book Show | Facebook

image.thumb.jpeg.377db1b347681f9f010f021c07100a1a.jpeg

Can’t wait!!

can't wait to set up :banana: been setting up since the beginning 

Hope to see you guys at the show Saturday, anybody from the boards let me know and 40% off anything at my booth except for a couple of slabs that I can't go that low but willing to deal :gossip:

My pickups today 

Azkaban Comics: 
Warlord vol 1 issue 33 & 34

Isle of Comics: 
Super Powers issue 5

Brother’s Comics: 
Thundercats issue 1I (Lipwei Exclusive)

Devo’s Comics: 
Warlord vol 1 issue 2
DKIII issue 1B (blank cover)

Fastballspecial: 
Red Sonja: The Superpowers issue 5 (virgin cover)
Masters of the Universe issue 1B

IMG_9236.jpeg

IMG_9237.jpeg

IMG_9238.jpeg

IMG_9239.jpeg

IMG_9240.jpeg

On 6/8/2024 at 9:22 PM, fastballspecial said:

20240608_101242.thumb.jpg.26f1735b1ff4802cae6d06f4f0c95619.jpg20240608_101137.thumb.jpg.72fa1b707b5568850876755291ec6d9a.jpg20240608_101214.thumb.jpg.c5b491e944a64662c50ad6e80d9c8128.jpg

Any dealer reports from this weekend?  Glad to see the crowds at a true comic con in South Indiana look striking similar to the ones in Cleveland.  Midwestern and greying :) 

Edited by 1Cool

I talked to most of them Saturday during the show. All were very happy with the traffic. 
A couple dealers were new so they learned a lot at the show for a 1st time. I haven't gotten
feedback from all of them yet. For a June show I thought turnout was decent. 

I had one dealer who someone offered to buy him out completely which was a first. 

One indicator that tells me the show is doing well is I got a call from one of the largest 
dealers in the Southern Midwest about doing the show. I got 2 other dealers who PMed
to get on the dealer list Sunday. 

I actually talked to every dealer this show because I did not set up and I bought like a mad
fool. 

On 6/10/2024 at 12:16 PM, fastballspecial said:

I talked to most of them Saturday during the show. All were very happy with the traffic. 
A couple dealers were new so they learned a lot at the show for a 1st time. I haven't gotten

I had one dealer who someone offered to buy him out completely which was a first. 

One indicator that tells me the show is doing well is I got a call from one of the largest 
dealers in the Southern Midwest about doing the show. I got 2 other dealers who PMed

I actually talked to every dealer this show because I did not set up and I bought like a mad
fool. 

Glad it was a good buying show.  What type of books where you on the look-out for and ended up finding so much of?

On 6/10/2024 at 11:16 AM, fastballspecial said:

fool. 

What type of books and prices did the "buy-out" seller have?

Posted (edited)
On 6/10/2024 at 3:08 PM, 1Cool said:

Glad it was a good buying show.  What type of books where you on the look-out for and ended up finding so much of?

Well my tastes are pretty wide, but I buy cheap and always have and I don't give away books I am actively buying till I start selling them.

I bought a ton of nice grade early 80s/90s Marvel, a few DCs, several cheap TPBs, Dave Stevens covers, 
tons of horror, Amazing Heroes, found nice later newsstands and such. I will sell quite a bit of them, but it will
take me awhile to sell most of them. 

When books are cheap I am buying especially if they grade well. I have always been this way at shows for decades. If you have $1 boxes I am there digging. (Cash discount? Yes please.)   I am just now on the inside so I see more deals. After you see enough books over the years you know which books you want and when a dealer is looking to sell cheap or give a deal I will take it every time. I made 4 trips to my car in the first 2 hours. 

There is another buyer from St Louis that drives 3 hours to the show and I give him my mailer flat so he can just pile books into that and take them home. 

On 6/10/2024 at 4:16 PM, manetteska said:

What type of books and prices did the "buy-out" seller have?

He was a new seller that didn't bring enough books for his first show. (He knows that now.)  He had like 3/4 $1 long boxes, 3/4 $3 long boxes and 3 Priced long boxes. His prices were priced to sell I bought around $150 from him or so and didn't blink. It was his personal collection he has had for decades he was tickled pink selling them all day. (His wife caught him more then once at other booths.) 

On 6/10/2024 at 7:38 PM, fastballspecial said:

He was a new seller that didn't bring enough books for his first show. (He knows that now.)  He had like 3/4 $1 long boxes, 3/4 $3 long boxes and 3 Priced long boxes. His prices were priced to sell I bought around $150 from him or so and didn't blink. It was his personal collection he has had for decades he was tickled pink selling them all day. (His wife caught him more then once at other booths.) 

what kind

On 6/10/2024 at 7:35 PM, fastballspecial said:

Well my tastes are pretty wide, but I buy cheap and always have and I don't give away books I am actively buying till I start selling them.

I bought a ton of nice grade early 80s/90s Marvel,  several cheap TPBs, Dave Stevens covers, 
tons of horror, Amazing Heroes, nice newsstands and such.

When books are cheap I am buying especially if they grade well. I have always been this way at shows for decades. I am just now on the inside so see more deals. After you see enough books over the years you know which books you want and when a dealer is looking to sell cheap or give a deal I will take it every time. I made 4 trips to my car in the first 2 hours.

What kind of 80s/90s Marvel?  Will we be seeing them in your thread tonight?

Posted (edited)
On 6/10/2024 at 6:42 PM, Jonathan78 said:

what kind

What kind of 80s/90s Marvel?  Will we be seeing them in your thread tonight?

Some of them yes. I ask all the time for suggestions. Its part of what I am doing
tonight other then updating invoices. 

Some of them will go straight to ebay or facebook because they
don't sell well here as I have found over the years.
Im sure others do the same things. 

Posted (edited)
On 6/10/2024 at 6:42 PM, Jonathan78 said:
On 6/10/2024 at 6:38 PM, fastballspecial said:

what kind

He had it all. Early silver, bronze and moderns. His rack was full of mid grade Silver and early Bronze, but his boxes were late 70s Marvel/DC to early 90s. It was a great mix for me as I only buy later 70s bronze and up.