• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rob Liefeld's AVENGELYNE directed by Olivia Wilde, produced by Margot Robbie (TBD)

15 posts in this topic

Olivia Wilde, Margot Robbie and “X-Men” producer Simon Kinberg are joining forces to adapt “Avengelyne,” a comic book character from “Deadpool” co-creator Rob Liefeld.

Wilde, whose filmmaking credits include “Booksmart” and “Don’t Worry Darling,” is attached to direct the feature film, which will be produced by Robbie’s company LuckyChap and her partners Tom Ackerley and Josie McNamara. Kinberg, a writer and producer of “X-Men” tentpoles, will also produce the film.

The project doesn’t have a home yet, so the creative team will try to sell the film to studios and streamers in the coming weeks. It’s unclear who will play Avengelyne, an angel who fights the forces of evil and often finds herself face-to-face with demons and monsters. Rob Liefeld, best known for bringing to life the Merc with a Mouth, a.k.a. Deadpool, co-created the character of Avengelyne in 1995.

LuckyChap has been in high demand after the blockbuster success of “Barbie,” which was the highest-grossing movie of 2023 and nominated for eight Academy Awards. Up next, the company is producing Wilde’s new Christmas comedy “Naughty” for Universal Pictures.

On 4/5/2024 at 10:31 AM, Gatsby77 said:

Absolutely wild that we might get this before Youngblood...

or Prophet...which Liefeld has said has been in the works so long they might as well call it The Flash..

Liefeld doesn't own the rights to Youngblood anymore. They're owned by a complete wanker who couldn't monetise a talking, dancing dolphin. 

On 4/5/2024 at 8:28 PM, Cat said:

Liefeld doesn't own the rights to Youngblood anymore. They're owned by a complete wanker who couldn't monetise a talking, dancing dolphin. 

Co-writer Hank Kanalz?

On 5/1/2024 at 11:50 AM, aardvark88 said:

Co-writer Hank Kanalz?

No, some guy who threatened to change the industry by making someone the next... Todd McFarlane. He's clearly got no idea of the current industry, and stopped following comics in the initial Image era. "You could be the next Marc Silvestri!" 

"Who's that, Grandpa?" 

Terrific Comics is there name. I think his name is Andrew Rev? 

On 4/30/2024 at 1:53 PM, Bosco685 said:

I would see this movie if it ever got made.  I place the odds of it ever getting made (with Robbie staring, at least) as....low.

On 5/1/2024 at 9:04 AM, Axelrod said:

I would see this movie if it ever got made.  I place the odds of it ever getting made (with Robbie staring, at least) as....low.

Fair point. As even the Red Sonja movie that was supposedly going to come out a few years back seems to have gotten lost in development hades.