• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK #180 CGC have done it again to me..........
1 1

7 posts in this topic

here we go again, like with my batman adventures 12, that had such a small issue............cgc state on the rear of my hulk 180 that i just recieved, they state - crease left top of back cover, crease top of back cover. Cant see nothing wrong,, Can you?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,looks friggen perfect to me. I'm going to go over it when I receive it in hand, and beak it out of it's case, and press the top of the rear cover, like it never been pressed before. I'd get it , if there was a visible crease, but there is nothing wrong with the top of this cover.......it's perfect, ( i know this because i pressed it and looked super close for any bends, there was not a bend, ding or crease),  or is it CGC have something against Australians, and cant give them a good CGC score regardless of what they send in.

CGC4381306-001_REV.jpg

I highly doubt they sit there and say "This submitter is from AUS so let's F him over...who even thinks or even has time for that?? haha   I'm sure if you crack the case open and look at it under the light, you'll see the faint crease.  

On 4/5/2024 at 3:03 PM, Kevin76 said:

I'm sure if you crack the case open and look at it under the light, you'll see the faint crease.  

100%. I got beat up on a book awhile back with that very notation and while it was encased, I seriously could. not. see. it.

I cracked it and sure enough, it was there.

i received my hulk 180 back in hand and used my torch at various angles, and i cant see a crease anywhere, but there is a wave in the rear top of the cover ( big difference between a crease and wave in my book ) that could do with a proper pressing, but since i just broke my pressing machine, i cant be bothered. I've listed it for sale, with the opportunity for the buyer top press it out and push it o a 8.5 or 9.0. I dont have the photo, to prove it before sending, but i know when i sent it, it was dead straight.

On 4/10/2024 at 11:38 PM, Darthvader23 said:

i received my hulk 180 back in hand and used my torch at various angles, and i cant see a crease anywhere, but there is a wave in the rear top of the cover ( big difference between a crease and wave in my book ) that could do with a proper pressing, but since i just broke my pressing machine, i cant be bothered. I've listed it for sale, with the opportunity for the buyer top press it out and push it o a 8.5 or 9.0. I dont have the photo, to prove it before sending, but i know when i sent it, it was dead straight.

Is it possible that if you pressed the book there was some reversion after it left your hands--that it was dead straight when you mailed it off, but it had waviness by the time it was graded?  I make a habit of cold pressing post-heat press as well as preparing my CGC submission in bags and boards and leaving it for a few weeks and then double-checking it before sending it off, because i had similar issues in which comics were perfect immediately after pressing but over a few days or weeks defects would creep back into the paper, a process known as reversion.

For what it's worth i agree with you, big difference between wave and crease.