• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

J Scott Campbell Signature
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Hi! I just purchased a signed comic directly from J Scott Campbell. Can I send this in via the regular grading method and receive a yellow label?

(This is my very first post, so I appreciate the replies)

Hey, welcome to the board!

You can find the answer to this question, and many more, in the pinned thread at the top of the Signature Series forum. 

Note: with CGC buying JSA that answer may change in the near future.

the answer to your question is complicated and not easily answered at this moment

if you were to send your book in today, it would get a green qualified label as the signature was not witnessed by CGC which currently is the prerequisite for a yellow signature series label

however ….. CGC just recently entered into an agreement with JSA for authenticating signatures … this is to start sometime this month but it has not been confirmed when nor has it been confirmed if the labeling of these will be the same or (likely) somewhat different from the witnessed yellow label

more on the JSA acquisition here >>> https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/12753/

good luck