• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! JUNK SALE Old Vintage Paperback Books Cheap Thrills!
2 2

137 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

SOLD!

No Time for Marriage by David Charlton 1951 Venus Books DIGEST #119

Awsome GGA "come on" cover!

A nice, flat, complete copy with great color. Has a little wear overall but nothing that mars this cool book. Staples are well attached and has nice interior paper. Tough one to get.

$35.

Notimemarriage1.jpeg

Notimemarriage2.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

On 4/9/2024 at 2:37 PM, Robot Man said:

Amorous Philander by Jean-Galli DeBibiena 1948 Avon #171

Cover later used for the comic book "For a Night of Love" by Avon in 1950

Flat, square, tight copy. Full paper spine, No tears or creases just light wear.

$15.

Armorousphilandre1.jpeg

Armorousphilandre2.jpeg

Armorousphilandre3.jpeg

On 4/9/2024 at 7:12 PM, Robot Man said:

Eastern Slave Girl 1947 Avon #127

An Avon classic PB. Back in the day, this was a very in demand book.

Books has a couple of very small color losses on right side in middle. Light water stain inside both covers and first and last pages. Some color loss down left side of back cover. A well bound copy with full paper spine. Just average wear otherwise.

$15.

Easternshamegirl1.jpeg

Easternshamegirl2.jpeg

Easternshamegirl3.jpeg

On 4/9/2024 at 7:19 PM, Robot Man said:

The Private Life of Helen of Troy by John Erskine 1948 Popular Library #147

Classic Rudolph Belarski "Nipples" cover. This was actually revised in a later printing.

Has a tiny piece of color surface paper off bottom right corner. Has a couple of corner creases on covers. Nice, bright very glossy full lamination. Square, tight spine. Interior pages are white!

$25.

Helenoftroy1.jpeg

Helenoftroy2.jpeg

Helenoftroy3.jpeg

On 4/9/2024 at 7:25 PM, Robot Man said:

No Time for Marriage by David Charlton 1951 Venus Books DIGEST #119

Awsome GGA "come on" cover!

A nice, flat, complete copy with great color. Has a little wear overall but nothing that mars this cool book. Staples are well attached and has nice interior paper. Tough one to get.

$35.

Notimemarriage1.jpeg

Notimemarriage2.jpeg

:takeit:

Posted (edited)

SOLD!

Lot of 10 Tarzan Ace Science Fiction Classics all with Frazetta covers!

All in VERY nice shape. Many look un-read.

Sold as a lot. An amazing lot of beautiful Frazetta covers and front interior pages.

$60.

Tarzan1.jpeg

Tarzan2.jpeg

Tarzan3.jpeg

Tarzan4.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Since I sold the other copy, here is my last Private Life of Helen of Troy. I used to find them often but they have dried up now.

$25. For this one as well. What would this go for if it were a comic book?

IMG_8766.jpeg

IMG_8767.jpeg

IMG_8768.jpeg

On 4/9/2024 at 7:48 PM, Robot Man said:

Lot of 10 Tarzan Ace Science Fiction Classics all with Frazetta covers!

All in VERY nice shape. Many look un-read.

Sold as a lot. An amazing lot of beautiful Frazetta covers and front interior pages.

$60.

Tarzan1.jpeg

Tarzan2.jpeg

Tarzan3.jpeg

Tarzan4.jpeg

CRAZY price reductions now in effect. Some up to 50% or more! Priced to move.

I will leave this open until Friday and will send invoices then and close ‘er down.

If any buyers are on a budget and prefer Media Mail, (these qualify),  please let me know and I will invoice that way.

On 4/9/2024 at 2:33 PM, Robot Man said:

Flying Saucers are Real by Donald Keyhole 1950 Gold Medal #107

Cool cover on this "Flying Saucer Frenzy" book

Has some wear to lamination on cover. None torn or missing. A couple small creases and wear to top of spine. Square, full paper spine. Nicely bound copy.

Goes for quite a bit on the internet.

Was $28.

Now $20.

Flyingsaucers1.jpeg

Flyingsaucers2.jpeg

Flyingsaucers3.jpeg

:takeit: @ $20, and media mail on my pile please, Brother Bob. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 4/8/2024 at 5:52 PM, Robot Man said:

Jayne Mansfield's Wild Wild World self biography 1963 Holoway House HH-110

Has a long photo section with many nude photos!

Sadly, this book has seen some water damage. Not real bad but very evident. No musty smell. A nice copy otherwise. Too bad, because this book goes for pretty good money if not.

Was $25.

Now $15.

Jaynemansfield1.jpeg

Jaynemansfield2.jpeg

Jaynemansfield3.jpeg

On 4/7/2024 at 2:05 PM, Robot Man said:

Sin Street by Doreen Manners 1951 Pyramid Books #21

Classic Street Walker cover

Numerous small upper right cover creases. Tight, well bound solid copy with great color.

Was $15.

Now $10.

Sinstreet1.jpeg

Sinstreet2.jpeg

Sinstreet3.jpeg

On 4/7/2024 at 2:49 PM, Robot Man said:

Journey into Ecstasy by Albert L Quandt 1951 Venus Books #115 Digest

Hot Redhead unbuttoning her blouse on cover! Hard to find Digest

Some light bug damage to upper right cover. Just minor wear. Tight copy with great color

Was $30.

Now $25.

Journeyecstacy1.jpeg

Journeyecstacy2.jpeg

On 4/9/2024 at 2:10 PM, Robot Man said:

Flee the Angry Strangers by George Mandel 1953 First Printing Bantam Fifty F1165

Narcotics and young Americans running wild. Cool Dope Den cover!

A sharp copy. Square, full paper spine. Sharp corners. Small crease in back cover. No tears.. Well bound and solid. Just very minimal wear.

Was $24.

Now $20.

Fleeaggrystranger1.jpeg

Fleeaggrystranger2.jpeg

Fleeaggrystranger3.jpeg

Throw these on my pile at the discounted prices.

[Just a reminder that these go beyond the covers, an excerpt from the Atlantic review of "Flee the Angry Strangers" when first published: "A one-track story of such unrelieved grimness would have gained in impact, I think, if its 480 pages had been somewhat pared down. As it stands, the book documents very vividly a sector new to the novel — its jazzy lingo, its weird loyalties, its chaotic habits and surrealistic horrors."]

On 4/10/2024 at 8:24 PM, OuterboroGuy said:

[Just a reminder that these go beyond the covers, an excerpt from the Atlantic review of "Flee the Angry Strangers" when first published: "A one-track story of such unrelieved grimness would have gained in impact, I think, if its 480 pages had been somewhat pared down. As it stands, the book documents very vividly a sector new to the novel — its jazzy lingo, its weird loyalties, its chaotic habits and surrealistic horrors."]

I love seeing vintage pb's bought for the interiors as well as the covers, especially non high grade books. Although I am crazy about cover art, I read a TON of my vintage pbs and many obscure books and lesser (or un) known authors have compelling reading in them. I feel like starting a thread on the Pulp section on them hm

On 4/10/2024 at 5:24 PM, OuterboroGuy said:

Sin Street, Journey into Ecstacy & Flee Angry Strangers go to OuterboroGuy. Many thanks! Will add to your pile. Hey, no judgement on my part why anyone wants these…:foryou:

On 4/10/2024 at 8:33 PM, Surfing Alien said:

I love seeing vintage pb's bought for the interiors as well as the covers, especially non high grade books. Although I am crazy about cover art, I read a TON of my vintage pbs and many obscure books and lesser (or un) known authors have compelling reading in them. I feel like starting a thread on the Pulp section on them hm

I actually have started looking for Original Cover Art on pulp paperbacks.  Might be a little expensive for me, though.