• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC graded Pulps - my first experience and results.
3 3

149 posts in this topic

On 5/23/2024 at 9:47 PM, comicjack said:

Classic cover again maybe not but i like it had this for some years.I read the whole thing years ago so i guess i didn't screw it up to much.The bunch i had graded and coming home from vacation in Florida the family will be happy i did this!

image.thumb.jpeg.e6a3f987308f3e0ce40bc7853b78f90b.jpeg

Gorgeous. The problem with Margaret Brundage and "classic cover" designations is, if like us,  you love softly shaded, beautifully painted, 1930's semi-nude cuties in strange and fantastical situations, then there's a lot of covers you consider classic :cloud9:

On 5/23/2024 at 9:53 PM, Surfing Alien said:

Gorgeous. The problem with Margaret Brundage and "classic cover" designations is, if like us,  you love softly shaded, beautifully painted, 1930's semi-nude cuties in strange and fantastical situations, then there's a lot of covers you consider classic :cloud9:

Yes :bigsmile:

On 5/23/2024 at 8:47 PM, comicjack said:

Classic cover again maybe not but i like it had this for some years.I read the whole thing years ago so i guess i didn't screw it up to much.The bunch i had graded and coming home from vacation in Florida the family will be happy i did this!

image.thumb.jpeg.e6a3f987308f3e0ce40bc7853b78f90b.jpeg

The title/Logo design on these last three issues is outstanding.  There's a couple of the Oriental Stories covers I prefer to any of The Magic Carpets, though.

On 5/23/2024 at 10:04 PM, Darwination said:

The title/Logo design on these last three issues is outstanding.  There's a couple of the Oriental Stories covers I prefer to any of The Magic Carpets, though.

That's a Logo for the ages (thumbsu I'll admit it and I don't even have one :sorry:

On 5/23/2024 at 8:55 PM, comicjack said:

This one came from the pulp man Red Fury years ago what a collection he has.This one is a fav done by Brundage and has been for many moons i am happy with the results (thumbsu

image.thumb.jpeg.af3134688fbaee0e8f25c5ca8f967fdc.jpeg

Classic :sumo:

A top 3 Brundage. 

On 5/23/2024 at 4:07 PM, Darwination said:

I'll come right out and say it.  I hate the looming face in the background of Phantom Detective.  No matter how cool the foreground scene is, there's that faded dweeb in a mask and top hat playing voyeur in the background. :baiting:

So I guess you are saying that you are no friend of the Phantom?

IMG_8888.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Wow, dude, wow :golfclap:

But, really, aren't you just begging to get beat up sporting that around the neighborhood by well adjusted G-Men or Doc Savage loving youths? 🧐

Edited by Darwination

On 5/25/2024 at 6:37 AM, comicjack said:

Underrated cover with no good girl but a creepy cover came back a little better than my thinking.Not bad for a pulp from 1939 and a cover that stirs the mind looking at it

image.thumb.jpeg.0484ff4da8b975b26f49e8fa2e51d582.jpeg

Tremendous!