• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BATMAN 608 2nd PRINT vs SUPERMAN 204 NEWSTAND
2 2

12 posts in this topic

In my endeavouring adventures on ebay, i came across superman 204 ( Mirror ) image of batman 608. Though I found the NEWSTAND version of superman 204 pushing over $1000US, compared to it's direct edition. ( obviously a comic on my hit list in the future ), though this got me looking a my hush run of batman 608 - 619. I could only find a newsstand of the original #608, ( my 2nd print had 'direct edition ), as did the whole of my run of the hush line. I've looked up to a full page of random comics from the hush run, and they all appear 'direct editions . Is this the case, the whole original hush run were all direct editions, except the original 608? I have found a few newstands 608, but they only push over $200US VS  a direct editons value pushing $140.

s-l1600 (14).jpg

s-l1600 (16).jpg

Edited by Darthvader23

Posted (edited)

Definitely @AnthonyTheAbyss its on my hit list. Which keeps growing on a weekly basis.......but now i just typed 'hush newsstand' into ebay and these popped up. but they appear inexpensive to direct sales, which its usually the other way around. Looks like I'm hunting the whole hush line series again for the 3rd time. LOL

s-l1600 (3).png

s-l1600 (2).png

s-l1600 (1).png

Edited by Darthvader23

On 4/12/2024 at 1:28 PM, Darthvader23 said:

Definitely @AnthonyTheAbyss its on my hit list. Which keeps growing on a weekly basis.......but now i just typed 'hush newsstand' into ebay and these popped up. but they appear inexpensive to direct sales, which its usually the other way around. Looks like I'm hunting the whole hush line series again for the 3rd time. LOL

s-l1600 (3).png

s-l1600 (2).png

s-l1600 (1).png

I put together the whole Hush run (608-619) in newsstand this past year. The way I did most of it was through buying lots (I did luck out and find a couple of the individual newsstand issues at local comic shows).

Obviously 609 is the most difficult/expensive in the run in newsstand, but you can still find it for relatively cheap by looking for lots or runs where people just don't really know the difference - and it happens more than you might think. I got my 609 newsstand by buying a full Hush 608-619 run that I ended up winning for $100 - 4 or 5 of the books in that lot were newsstands, including the 608, 609 and 612, and there was zero mention of that in the listing, I just saw it in the pics.

I probably have about 4-5 full Hush runs now (including the newsstand run), so I'll most likely end up selling off a couple to recoup my money. But again, I was lucky with buying Batman comic lots that would often have 2-3 Hush issues in them (like 610, 614, etc.), where I was paying less than $1 per comic for a full lot buy. But that downside to that is also getting some comics you don't really want and then trying to move them. I also started buying copies of 609 a few years ago whenever I would see it for cheap at shows, and I was able to get 2-3 copies of it (direct editions) for less than $10 each at the time.

Edit: Here's a pic of my newsstand run:

hushns.thumb.JPG.010b2974fe49c7970c8ab9a92c03f84f.JPG

Edited by Jesse-Lee

On 4/12/2024 at 3:09 PM, Darthvader23 said:

is there a newsstand version of batman 608 2nd print?

No, very few later printings in the history of comics have Newsstands.

On 4/12/2024 at 1:28 PM, Darthvader23 said:

but now i just typed 'hush newsstand' into ebay and these popped up. but they appear inexpensive to direct sales, which its usually the other way around.

Don't believe the hype. Newsstands are not as rare as certain people claim and most people don't care about them.

On 4/12/2024 at 4:51 PM, Lazyboy said:
On 4/12/2024 at 3:09 PM, Darthvader23 said:

is there a newsstand version of batman 608 2nd print?

No, very few later printings in the history of comics have Newsstands.