• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC damaged my books during return shipping, looking for advice
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I sent in a pair of  Valiant Unity TPBs for grading that are super rare in high grade.  They came back 9.6 and 9.8! 

Just for context, for book 2 there were no blue label 9.8s!  The books were not packaged property and got damaged and when we returned them to CGC the grades are much lower - 9.8 dropped to an 8.5.  CGC is offering the insured value plus grading, is this the best I'm going to receive in compensation?  I'm super pissed because the likeliehood of getting another set like this is extremely low....I really wished I never sent them in in the first place.  :(

Edited by spreads

Your maxed declared value is all they will reimburse so if you maxed out modern it would be $400 ea.

You should also ask to be reimbursed the full invoice which includes original payment, handling fee, and shipping. It is very likely CGC will try and get you to accept system credit instead of a refund, I would advice against this unless they offer a lot more as it is just free money to CGC.

In a bit more of a snarky response you are actually lucky to get reimbursement as the standard SOP has been to blame the customer, deny any fault, and only then reluctantly offer some type of compensation.

I am sorry for your loss; here is a sticker:

image.thumb.png.ae2af51f90ea683bd3ac26c3cea28752.png

On 4/17/2024 at 11:48 AM, spreads said:

Hi guys, I sent in a pair of  Valiant Unity TPBs for grading that are super rare in high grade.  They came back 9.6 and 9.8! 

Just for context, for book 2 there were no blue label 9.8s!  The books were not packaged property and got damaged and when we returned them to CGC the grades are much lower - 9.8 dropped to an 8.5.  CGC is offering the insured value plus grading, is this the best I'm going to receive in compensation?  I'm super pissed because the likelihood of getting another set like this is extremely low....I really wished I never sent them in in the first place.  :(

Very unfortunate. You have my sympathy...